Change Surefire Tail Switch

BloodCleanSoul

Enlightened
If I have a Surefire Tactical light (momentary on with tighten down for constant) and change the tail switch with a clicky that is momentary on and push further for constant (like a Z57 or Z61) will the light then be able to be used with a clicky tail instead of having to tighten down for constant on?

There is no other change needed other than the tail switch correct?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
What model Surefire do you have? The Z57 and Z61 are only compatible with E-series lights.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EB2-C has a click-type tailcap, but is dual mode. Are you looking for a single mode light with a click tailcap? Or would the two mode EB2-C work for you?

I'm pretty sure the Z57/Z61 are not compatible with the EB2 line: maybe someone here can confirm.

BloodCleanSoul

Enlightened
The EB2-C has a click-type tailcap, but is dual mode. Are you looking for a single mode light with a click tailcap? Or would the two mode EB2-C work for you?

I'm pretty sure the Z57/Z61 are not compatible with the EB2 line: maybe someone here can confirm.

I was just wondering what it would take to turn a light from "Tactical" to "Pro"…Meaning that instead of screwing down the tail to have constant it was just a full click on a switch.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, "Pro", in Surefire terms, means it is a two-mode light where the input is accessed by repeated presses of the rear click switch. "Tactical" means it is a single mode light only, with a momentary on/twist for constant on tailcap. This terminology is only used for the Fury, 6PX, and G2X lines.

The EB1 and EB2 are not labled as "tactical" and "pro", but "tactical" and "click" interfact. The "click" is basically the "pro" version.

The common thread to all the lights mentioned above is that the modes are not driven based on what tailcap they have, but what head is on the light.

To re-ask my question above: are you looking for a light with a single mode/output, or are you looking for something with a high/low output? I'm aware you are wanting a click type switch.

BloodCleanSoul

Enlightened
To re-ask my question above: are you looking for a light with a single mode/output, or are you looking for something with a high/low output? I'm aware you are wanting a click type switch.

High/low….I think the EB2 fits what I am looking for. But for constant I have to screw down the top (As the used one I am looking at is "tactical") correct? If I were to take a click tail from a click EB2 and put it on the tactical EB2 would it function the same? The EB2 Tactical (From what I've read on SF's website) does have both high and low but are dependent on how much the tail is clicked….Half push for low, full for high, half turn down for constant low, more for constant high…I just want to know if that can be changed from tactical to click by changing out the tail.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
High/low….I think the EB2 fits what I am looking for.

But for constant I have to screw down the top (As the used one I am looking at is "tactical") correct?
Correct.

If I were to take a click tail from a click EB2 and put it on the tactical EB2 would it function the same?
No - it would be single mode (high) only. You would lose the low mode.

The EB2 Tactical (From what I've read on SF's website) does have both high and low but are dependent on how much the tail is clicked….Half push for low, full for high, half turn down for constant low, more for constant high…I just want to know if that can be changed from tactical to click by changing out the tail.
You can add a clicky, but it will be a single mode light. Check out the EB2-C (clicky). Does this interface work better for you? Click once for high mode, turn off and click on again within a second for low mode.