• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: "The Scepter", Ti 2x123 McClicky w/ Ti TnC P60 head

fyrstormer

Banned
I have two of these, and I don't use them often enough to justify having two. And I'm moving in a month, so I need to reduce unused bulk in my life. So, one of them will be sold.

CIMG6136.jpg

As you can see from these photos, this light allows the use of a standard P-60 drop-in module in a self-contained removable head, which allows you to change the batteries from the front of the light instead of the back. That, in-turn, allows the battery tube to use one of McGizmo's famous lowrider clips -- as big as this light is, only about 1cm will actually stick out of your pocket. That makes it very secure and discreet.

CIMG6138.jpg

Every exposed surface on this light is titanium, silicone (the switch cover), Viton (the O-rings), or glass, so it is completely nonreactive in any environment that you yourself could survive in. And the P60-compatible head means that upgrading to a newer drop-in (or switching to an incan, if you're old-school) is a snap, requiring no electrical skills or even any tools.

CIMG6140-1.jpg

I'd prefer to sell this as a complete light, with the 3-mode LMH TorchLab drop-in installed, but I'm willing to sell them separately if you already have a drop-in you want to use with the host. US$550 US$500 for the whole package, or US$425 US$400 for the host and US$125 US$100 for the drop-in. Shipping to CONUS is included in the price; please contact me to get a shipping quote to another country. Payment via Paypal is preferred, first "I'll take it!" gets it.

EDIT: The light has been parted-out and sold; the dropin has been moved to a separate sale thread on CPFM, if you're interested.

Last edited:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: "The Scepter", Ti 2x123 McClicky w/ Ti TnC P60 head

I had one of these heads for a long time. Solid is a good word.

They look great on a single 123 McClicky pack as well.

Good luck!

obi

fyrstormer

Banned

Thanks! The host is strong enough to survive anything its user can survive, and the TorchLab drop-in produces a perfectly-smooth wall of light -- very bright light.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, now THAT is a fine light! With the P60 you have tons of options. I wish I had the your "have two of these" problem! lol Good luck on the sale & move.

easilyled

Flashaholic

I have often seen pictures of this lego of yours and admired the combination which results in a very handsome light. The fact that the dropin is contained within the head because of the E2C adaptor is another bonus. :thumbsup:

fyrstormer

Banned

Someone asked if I would be willing to sell the head and E2C adaptor separately from the battery tube and the drop-in. I would be willing to sell the parts of this light separately, but only if I can line-up buyers for all the parts.

Fat Boy

Enlightened

I would like to know more about this light but didn't see anything on a search. Can you PM me some links?

easilyled

Flashaholic

I would like to know more about this light but didn't see anything on a search. Can you PM me some links?

"Scepter" is fyrstormer's own nickname for this lego that he constructed with a TNC V3 P60 head, TNC E2C adaptor and McGizmo 2 X CR123 body.

You won't find anything by searching for it because its not a turnkey light made by one manufacturer but a tastefully combined lego that Fyrstormer constructed.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

Thanks, easilyled.

The head is comprised of a V3 head and an E2C adaptor, both made by TnC Products. The battery tube is a 2x123 McClicky tube, made by McGizmo. The tailcap is integrated into the battery tube, which allows the pocket clip to attach at the very end of the light, so it will sit as low as possible in the user's pocket. The batteries must therefore be changed through the front of the battery tube, but the V3 head and E2C adaptor fully contain the Surefire-P60-compatible drop-in module, so it all unscrews as a single piece.

Most P60-compatible lights don't keep the drop-in module secure when the head is unscrewed, which makes changing the batteries through the front a difficult and finicky affair; so, most P60-compatible lights have removable tailcaps instead, and that limits the positioning of the pocket clip.

For the record, it is possible to lock-out this light by unscrewing the battery tube very slightly, as long as the drop-in module is electrically insulated from the head of the light. The TorchLab drop-in included with this sale is anodized, which provides the necessary insulation. However, the switch is recessed and unlikely to be activated accidentally, so the lockout feature is more of a nice option than a necessity.

Also, this light can tailstand, making it useful for lighting up a room during a power outage, whereas many P60-compatible lights can't tailstand without modification.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

A couple people have expressed interest in the head+adaptor combo and the battery tube. If I can find a new home for the TorchLab drop-in, a part-out might work after all.

Anyone who wants to buy the whole light at once still gets priority, though.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned

...on second thought, I think I'll just part-out the host and move the drop-in to the other custom-parts forum.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

p60 head & E2C are in safe hands now.

thanks a lot !