WANTED!!! The owner of KOWALSKI SPEED 50W halogen light

Arthur_

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone!

I'm urgently looking for someone who owns a/m light. Mine just broke down and I need identification of some electronic parts.

Please help !

lucca brassi

Enlightened
I deduce from the picture ( so I'm not sure 100% )

it is ''shunt'' low ohmic wire resistor for current sensing in range under 1 ohm / 2 W (2 W size i have to look my storage )

P=U*I ; 50W = 12V* 4,16A

from size of resistor P=I**2*R ;R= 2 VA /17,3 AA = 0,11 Ohm/2W what is more close to 0,1Ohm/2W

which is close to that http://si.farnell.com/rcd-resistors-coils-delaylines/210-r100-fbw/resistor-wirewound-0-1-ohm-2w-1/dp/1130552

but it is IMO good to swap FET too

--------------------------------------------------------

PS: have that light build in also charger ? power diodes...end etc

Last edited:

Arthur_

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Thanks, that's a really nice answer :))

So I will try and repalce with 2W/0,1 Ohm resistor first and see what happens.
I've already swapped FET, and checked power diodes - seems ok for now.
I have a set of new ones in case something is wrong.

If there is built in charger - I don't know. There are some power diodes, but there is also an external charger.

I'll let You know if I succeded :))

lucca brassi

Enlightened
it is maybe better if you put resistor with slightly higher power maybe 0,1 ohm / 5W .

I think that was resistor wire bent and being pinched , therefore, it is blown.

if resistance is too low and then also voltage fall on resistor is to low (0,416 V@ 4,16A ) then maybe fet at 100% would not be open

full in that way you must slightly rise resistance ( but for safe lower is better )

Last edited:

Arthur_

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I've contacted Kowalski service in Germany and they told me, that the resistor is 0,18R 2,5W :)). After replacing nothing happened - the light didn't work. After spending some time looking on circuit board I've found one broken track !!!! I've repaired it and now everything works!! Thanks for all suggestions!!

Latest posts