WANTED!!! The owner of KOWALSKI SPEED 50W halogen light

Arthur_

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone!

I'm urgently looking for someone who owns a/m light. Mine just broke down and I need identification of some electronic parts.

Please help !

lucca brassi

Enlightened
I deduce from the picture ( so I'm not sure 100% )

it is ''shunt'' low ohmic wire resistor for current sensing in range under 1 ohm / 2 W (2 W size i have to look my storage )

P=U*I ; 50W = 12V* 4,16A

from size of resistor P=I**2*R ;R= 2 VA /17,3 AA = 0,11 Ohm/2W what is more close to 0,1Ohm/2W

which is close to that http://si.farnell.com/rcd-resistors-coils-delaylines/210-r100-fbw/resistor-wirewound-0-1-ohm-2w-1/dp/1130552

but it is IMO good to swap FET too

--------------------------------------------------------

PS: have that light build in also charger ? power diodes...end etc

Last edited:

Arthur_

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Thanks, that's a really nice answer :))

So I will try and repalce with 2W/0,1 Ohm resistor first and see what happens.
I've already swapped FET, and checked power diodes - seems ok for now.
I have a set of new ones in case something is wrong.

If there is built in charger - I don't know. There are some power diodes, but there is also an external charger.

I'll let You know if I succeded :))

lucca brassi

Enlightened
it is maybe better if you put resistor with slightly higher power maybe 0,1 ohm / 5W .

I think that was resistor wire bent and being pinched , therefore, it is blown.

if resistance is too low and then also voltage fall on resistor is to low (0,416 V@ 4,16A ) then maybe fet at 100% would not be open

full in that way you must slightly rise resistance ( but for safe lower is better )

Last edited:

Arthur_

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I've contacted Kowalski service in Germany and they told me, that the resistor is 0,18R 2,5W :)). After replacing nothing happened - the light didn't work. After spending some time looking on circuit board I've found one broken track !!!! I've repaired it and now everything works!! Thanks for all suggestions!!