• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sales thread - Closed

Old-Lumens

Newly Enlightened
CLOSED

I'm doing things differently. Maybe not right, or maybe not wrong, but different from what I have been doing. I have decided to stick with Maglites. Customizing them has put me in sort of a niche. The builds have evolved into a better made product and I now feel like they are about the best this guy is going to ever do.
I have also decided to stop doing builds unless someone wants to prepay for a light. I decided to sit down with my wife, (who's perspective and motivations are quite different than mine) and cost everything out from electricity, to components, to supplies, to packaging, to tool wear and expected life span of things like Rotary tools and Drill presses.

That said, I am going to offer a 2D LED Maglite as my standard light.
Here are specs at the moment:

• 2D LED Maglite in Black, Red, or Blue. (I don't list purple or green due to higher pricing, but it's an option if one wants to pay the cost).
  • Stock LED reflector is modified to work with the MT-G2.
  • MT-G2 LED mounted on a 26mm Maxtoch Copper mcpcb. (mcpcb is screwed down to the heat sink and thermal paste is used).
  • Aluminum heat sink, machined by TexasLumens. (heat sink is screwed to the body for proper ground).
  • Custom linear driver using the zener mod method, to have 2 li-ion cells in series for power to the led. (driver can be made for anywhere from 3 to 9 amps. The driver uses a DrJones lumodrv program). No low battery or reverse polarity protection.
  • Copper heat sink on the 7135 chips on the driver.
  • File work done to the bezel, body and tail cap.
  • Momentary switch mounted on the stock switch housing.
  • Coated, (not AR), glass lens.
  • 18ga silver plated, silicone coated, copper wire.
  • 26650 and 18650 PVC battery sleeves.
  • Copper braid mod for the tail cap spring.

Here are some build photos and samples of file work on the light I did as a reference.
8bAMCy.jpg

d9D3Sk.jpg

rQyDnv.jpg

bghHqc.jpg

DIqrSw.jpg

Poy7pY.jpg

x1YB5U.jpg

dflzjH.jpg

b6oXiw.jpg

oytmSw.jpg

439BuB.jpg

oMwEbb.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just a couple of other ideas of File work. There are options and the file work can be decided between you and I, after you PM me to purchase a light.
n7D629.jpg

i8KOLt.jpg

8nqyoR.jpg

3EMl5F.jpg

oM9Yco.jpg

OZ5LlY.jpg

xSsdoY.jpg

vl94xL.jpg

VG2rzB.jpg

3IUwub.jpg

fDgzNA.jpg

vXuYW1.jpg

nZUpjw.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typical MT-G2 Beam Shots from a 2D Mag.
rFesSG.jpg

UF85e9.jpg

eTQNkm.jpg

The price for one is $175 CONUS and $185 Anywhere else. (Shipping is Included in that price).

This is not an Order thread. You need to PM ME if you want to order one Pre-Paid.
Lead time is 4-5 weeks from the time you order, until I ship. Possibly less, if there's nothing else going on. I do not stock lights or many spare components. I order when someone prepays, so that is half of the lead time sometimes.
Prices and lead time are subject to change, depending on the pricing and availability of components.

I do not make bare hosts at the present time, but it may be an option some day.
I do not use customer's lights for these mods.I do not do other custom drivers, as of now.

The warranty - I will repair any problems for a period of 3 years, unless it was caused by misuse.

I will have a new Maglite buck driver in the near future and then I will offer the XM-L2 LED on a Maxtoch mcpcb. I do not have a date yet for that event. There may also be other special Maglite mods that I may offer from time to time.

I will only be doing 3-4 mods per month, if there is call for it. I am not fast and this is just a part time thing, with just a couple hours a day to work on it.

Questions? Ask away.

Thank you

Last edited:

Old-Lumens

Newly Enlightened
Re: O-L's Maglite Sales Thread - prepay

Reserved for stuff like this:

This thread was in the Marketplace and I moved it here. Our Admin should be removing the other thread. I felt it was better off here.

Old-Lumens

Newly Enlightened

this looks amazing! what's the ballpark output in lumens would you say?
I do not have a method of measuring, other than by eye. I would estimate the possibility of 3500 lumens OTF at 9 amps, but that is just an estimate. 9 amps is sort of wishful thinking. It can be done with the right cells, but not for very long at all, due to voltage drop and the huge amount of heat that builds up super fast. Still, the emitter should be able to do 3000 lumens at about 5.5-6 amps. Take away the loss for a reflector and lens and that number is naturally going to drop.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do not have a method of measuring, other than by eye. I would estimate the possibility of 3500 lumens OTF at 9 amps, but that is just an estimate. 9 amps is sort of wishful thinking. It can be done with the right cells, but not for very long at all, due to voltage drop and the huge amount of heat that builds up super fast. Still, the emitter should be able to do 3000 lumens at about 5.5-6 amps. Take away the loss for a reflector and lens and that number is naturally going to drop.

gotcha, thank you sir! I hope to buy one of these some day because they look incredible and your work is top-notch

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome builds and glad to see the mighty D Mags still being built.

Here is something I use that your buyers could also use if they wanted to use AA cells.
3AA to D cell in series to offer 4.2V~4.5V input---------
http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-3aa1d-ser-adapter.html

NiMH Tenergy AA cells and these carriers is what I have for my identical set-up. These AA cells can handle the 9A and I use them in most household items from my laptop mouse, camping equipment, keychain lights, ect....

Best to you,
bigC

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you doing the metal work by hand ? with a file ?

Norm

Retired Administrator

Old-Lumens

Newly Enlightened

Are you doing the metal work by hand ? with a file ?
The flutes, crenelations and rings? Yes, I do the work with files, by hand. It takes a little time to do it, but I enjoy it.

BriteLite2

Enlightened

wow!!!

beautiful work and amazing output

the file work gives them a jewel like quality

very nice and a great price for custom handmade work!!!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW simply amazing work !!! Once i get some funds together im down for one. Im digging that black one just above where your beamshots start

slow2go

Newly Enlightened

Hey Alex.
Sorry to inform you. When I contacted O-L about ordering one of these lights. He mentioned that he still
had the " Black One" , I was more than willing to buy it.
It came it yesterday.... It is the new meaning of " Beauty & Beast "
Very bright, excellent mode control, and his finish work is second to none.
I am Very pleased with this purchase.
Regards

WOW simply amazing work !!! Once i get some funds together im down for one. Im digging that black one just above where your beamshots start