Need a good charger for C-Size LSD NiMH batteries.

ROBERT29

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a good quality charger for C-Size LSD NiMH batteries.

I've seen some chargers for these size batteries but I'm not sure which
are any good.

Anyone got any suggestions?

InHisName

Enlightened
I have an Opus BT-C3100. I have charged up my C NiCd (yea, they're old) up just peachy keen.
I even did a D NiCd but only because it had solder tabs on it that reached down to the Opus contacts. One without solder tabs will not connect.

ROBERT29

Newly Enlightened
"I have an Opus BT-C3100."

With this charge Ni-MH's too?

Last edited:

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
I just got the charger listed in post #2, the Maha MH-C808M and it is big but can do up to eight batteries at a time including C or D cells. Quick charging too compared to most chargers. A pretty high power and large beast which has been the go to high capacity charger for NiMH and NiCad batteries for about 9 years. The one limitation is no 9V NiMH battery recharging capability. It is expensive though.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
Glad to see some recommendations here. I have tried a Thrunite MCC-4 and a Titanium Innovations Smart Fast charger for NiMH C cells. Both of these chargers list this cell type as one they can handle, and both have served me well for other cell sizes and/or types. The contacts on the Thrunite charger are not quite long enough to engage the positive terminal of a C cell. The Titanium will heat C cells beyond my comfort level.

Last edited:

ROBERT29

Newly Enlightened
What does anyone think of the Tenergy Vanson BC1HU Computer Controlled Universal Battery Charger ($22.95)? The Maha MH-C808M is a bit expensive for me.
[h=1][/h]

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for the Maha if you can swing it. Ours in almost daily use now for 3+ years. Same model is still good even now. Fast, and slow charging as well as conditions batteries. It is big, and it is pricey, but if doing a lot of batteries, don't think there is another that can match it.

That being said, many of todays 2 and 4 cell chargers will do more than one chemistry for much less money.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
If you are trying to save money then take a look at the Digital Treasures Chargeit on Amazon. Best price just under $29 with Prime shipping available. It handles ALL standard NiMH and NiCad sizes including C, D and 9V and has a function I have never used, supposed refreshing of alkaline batteries. Per my reading that increases the likely leakage of alkaline cells. Also has two USB charging ports. PM me if you have trouble finding it.