"Tactical" Light Balls?

sentryau2

Newly Enlightened
I'm new here so I hope this is in the right place.
I am an avid caver/explorer. I carry alot as is to maintain safety but I still need one more item to fill a gap that ive been noticing. I carry a flashlight armytek partner a1 and a no name surefire rip off, road flares, parachute flares, glow sticks, and chem lights. The flares are fine for open areas or areas where there are no flameable materials. The chem lights/glowsticks are good for marking areas and seeing things up close. The flashlight is fine to illuminate things I'm actively looking at but I need something like flares that I can throw.
The caves sometimes are partially filled up with water and we have to dive under the surface to get to other parts and chem lights arn't really effective for lighting it up. They also arnt very effective for throwing.

I was hoping there was like an LED inside a cast resin shell (almost like a super bouncy ball) that I could carry a pouch of and throw or roll when needed. Something small (no bigger than an 2-3inches in diameter) Is there anything on the market or will I have to find someway to make my own? Anyone have any ideas for building something similar? (I was thinking an LED inside cast clear resin with a screw on base with a battery compartment) Burn time dosen't need to be super long but 3-4 minutes minimum. Brightness needs to be HIGH and atleast extend 10feet in all direction. Nothing too expensive (some will be lost due to the location being unreachable/too dangerous of are to recover them) They really need to be waterproof but I could figure something out if they are not.

sentryau2

Newly Enlightened
Armytek Partner a1

So I'm relatively happy with this light I haven't had it very long. It works just fine for 80-90% of the things I need it for. However there are times where I need something with more throw. My property is surrounded by VERY dense trees and you need a very narrow beam to see into them. I'm on a bit of a budget due to a bad season this year so I'd rather not have to go out and buy another flashlight. Instead I'd like to upgrade the one I already have (armytek partner a1) I was hoping someone could recommend a new head thats around/under 50$

Thanx

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Armytek Partner a1

I saw them advertised in the give-away-raffle section in GUNS magazine.

I CCW here, so Tactical Balls don't appeal to me.

Chris

Bob Damon

Enlightened

You might check into diving lights for your cave problem, I have seen some plastic diving lights for cheap.
As for your needing more throw, probably need another light. But for about $50, there are good options, including some very good AA lights, so you won't need a rechargeable battery and a charger. Check the Nitecore E4 and E41, the Sunwayman D40a, and the Fenix Tk41. I always find the light I want, see who sells it, and wait for a sale or a coupon code.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

So I'm relatively happy with this light I haven't had it very long. It works just fine for 80-90% of the things I need it for. However there are times where I need something with more throw. My property is surrounded by VERY dense trees and you need a very narrow beam to see into them. I'm on a bit of a budget due to a bad season this year so I'd rather not have to go out and buy another flashlight. Instead I'd like to upgrade the one I already have (armytek partner a1) I was hoping someone could recommend a new head thats around/under 50$

Thanx

What range did you need the narrow beam to reach, to see what?