Dive lights finished but

mikews

Newly Enlightened
Finished my dive lights.One is 200w led cod and the other 5 x Cree XM-L T6.
One canister contains 18xSony 18650 2900ma and the small 6x

The problem? I think i create ticking bombs.I dont know why protection and explosion danger missed by my mind and thoughts.Is good for me that i was surfing the forum here and saw some examples from guys got hurt.That made me feel like a fool.At least is not too late to fix it i guess.

The big canister is sealed and can be charge with an out of the canister jack for convenience and not opening and breaking the seal each time you need to charge.
Controlling is by a remote.

In the big canister there are 2 parallel lines of 9 batteries in series.That is 37.8V max and 5800mah equals around 220W.These batteries does not have any protection circuit.

The small light there are only 6 of these unprotected batteries and are all in parallel.So there is a 4.2voltage and 17.4amps equals around 72wats.

Anyway now is done and there is no way other than fix this or throw it to the bin.
Can you recommend what adjustments needs to add or improvements i can make for safety?

Last edited:

clawnfish

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I'm interested in building battery packs with protection circuits and I have very little idea about how to do it too. Have you been able to find any information ?

Thanks

you have to open battery pack and you need place for protection PCB . Do you have it ?

http://www.all-battery.com/protectioncircuitmodulefor333vli-ionbatterypack-cs-127-9s15a.aspx

and
The big canister is sealed and can be charge with an out of the canister jack for convenience and not opening and breaking the seal each time you need to charge.Controlling is by a remote.
?

Akku Sony US18650NC1 2900 mA/ 10A

- Li-Ionen Akku ungeschützt
- kein Memory-Effekt
- hohe Stromabgabe 10A
- Original Sony Akku Zelle
- lange Haltbarkeit.
- lange Lagerfähigkeit
- hohe stabile Kapazität

Technische Daten:
Kapazität: 2900mAh
Nennspannung: 3,6V