Follow-Up: Anodized 123 Twisty for LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RH

Enlightened
All,

I am new to this forum and to flashlights in general but I am enamored with the ARC LS. Like many people (based on previous threads), I would like an anodized 123 twisty. I am currently working with a local metal coating/anodizing shop to discuss the feasibility of this project.

Here is the plan: I am looking to buy a batch of the current unanodized twisty's from ARC and then have them anodized at this local shop. The finished product will then be available to cpfer's. I have bought one of the twisty's as a test and it works great with my LSL-ST.

Here is the question: If we can get enough units (probably 50-60) to get a group anodizing order), the final product should cost around $20. Can anyone interested at this price post a reply to this message with simply the quantity you would probably like?

Based on the response, I will work with the anodizer to get a quote for the quantity order.

Thanks everyone for making this a great site.

Robert

fleegs

Enlightened
What is a 123 twisty? Is it the old styling of the LS? How would we pay? Yes, I'm new. I would commit to one just to keep this alive.

RH

Enlightened
Hi Fleegs,

Welcome, I'm new too. The twisty is the old style. It makes the light much shorter as you don't have the Kroll switch sticking out.

I'm not a dealer, just an individual who appreciates this forum. If there is enough interest, I will order the switches from Arc and then have them anodized at a local shop. When this is complete, I will post it on the forum and users can pay me by check or mo.

Thanks,
Robert

Bill.H

Enlightened
Looks like Burly's is already sending 100 out for anodizing, there's a thread in the dealers forum. This might be a duplication of effort.

RH

Enlightened
Bill,

Thanks for the heads up! I could have been stuck with 50 anodized twisty's!!!

fuelblender

Enlightened
Hello, I'm a new member but I'm certainly not new to flashlights! Regarding the Anodized 123 Twisty for LS, count me in for 2. Thanks and let me know if these finished products become a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts