How do you carry your headlamp?

InTheDark

Enlightened
Title says it all. Just wondering how do you carry your headlamps when you're not using them? In a pouch or bag? Loose?

Normally carry mine just thrown in my backpack, but it always seems to be tangled when I pull it out and catches on everything. Recently I found a flashlight holster with a flap that works well. My spark st6 fits into the holster, and folding up the straps under the flap keeps everything contained. I've been thinking of making a kydex holster for it, but haven't gotten around to it.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep mine in a very nice little digital camera case which i bought in a close out store for just a £1,even has a pocket for spare batteries.

tip,scour close out stores if you have a few minutes to spare as you get some right good deals and you pick stuff up with another use in mind.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I adhere to the belief that the only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it. Thus, I only buy small, single cell lights that I can easily EDC on my person. My headlamp, fortunately, is such a light.

My H52w headlamp is actually a little shorter than the Quark Mini AA (one of the smallest AA lights). Carrying the H52w is easy -- clip it to a pocket like any AA light that has a clip.
H52wsize_zps2d9682a9.jpg

Most of the times, though, I just wear it around my neck. This way I have both the headlamp and the headband together ready to be used right away.
H51wvsH52w7_zps7b3ca72d.jpg

Bob Damon

Enlightened
A traditional style headlamp is not easy to carry. But, a Spark, Skillhunt, Zebralight,Armytek style is much easier. I got an Armytek Tiara so I could carry it in my pants pocket, or in a jacket pocket. The clip is versatile, and it can tail stand. I have also used an old small camera bag to carry a Energizer hard case headlight.

Fumer Tue

Newly Enlightened
There could be so many ways to carry a headlamp. on the head (obviously), on the wrist, on the bike, on the chest, and NOW, like a necklace. Thanks for CPF, i have learned a lot of tricks. :grin2:

Crotulus

Newly Enlightened
I've never had any trouble carrying my headlamp in a pocket of my backpack. I've also always been able to carry them in a jacket pocket when I know I'll be needing it at a later time.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
How Do You Carry Your Headlamp?

Some people may have read my post recently on this. I just bought a Nitecore HC90vn. When I went to use it on my night horseback ride I realized that the head strap was too slippery to wear over my baseball cap securely. So, necessity being the mother of invention, I decided to thread the mount through my baseball cap's adjustable strap. So, when the headlamp is in use, the baseball cap is worn backwards. When it is not in use, it is worn in the normal manner with the bill forward.

leaftye

Newly Enlightened
Re: How Do You Carry Your Headlamp?

When I'm backpacking it's in a ziploc bag in the rear mesh pocket of my pack.

mobi

Newly Enlightened
Re: How Do You Carry Your Headlamp?

I wear headlamps hours at a time; if I take them off temporarily, I pull the headband down around my neck, in a davidt1 carry. For longer periods, I put the lights in a shirt or jeans pocket, or a backpack outside pocket. It's become habit by me to lock out the light by unscrewing the tail cap slightly before pocketing.

Jpmac55

Newly Enlightened
For storage when on a hike, I keep mine in a small stuff sack with extra batteries. I usually keep that in another small pack with a compass, eye glasses, etc.. When nightfall approaches, I place the light around my neck before it gets dark.

Charles L.

Enlightened
On head, in pocket, or around neck. I have a bad habit of taking the headlamp out of my pocket and swinging it around by the strap. My ZL H600 has taken some pretty good hits doing this, all my fault of course. So now I try to keep it around my neck when I'm not actively using it :)

Tha Baron

Newly Enlightened
I have mine tucked in the top pocket of Mystery Ranch ASAP. However, Ive noticed that if it sits right I can accidentally click it on by grabbing the top. I suspect I'll need to find a pouch for it.

mcs101

Newly Enlightened
When outdoors (hiking, hunting, etc), I keep it in a small zip-up digital camera case on my belt with a knife and lighter and extra CR123. Works great for me and I just keep the pouch in the truck.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I keep mine in a very nice little digital camera case which i bought in a close out store for just a £1,even has a pocket for spare batteries.

tip,scour close out stores if you have a few minutes to spare as you get some right good deals and you pick stuff up with another use in mind.
Yes, you find good things at these stores. Excellent recommendation!