Review Fenix TK32: pocketsize thrower, 1x18650 / 2xCR123A with also green/red/blue

kj75

Enlightened
Review Fenix TK32: pocketsize thrower, 1 x 18650 / 2 x CR123A with also green/red/blue led

First, I'll thank Fenixlight and knivesandtools for providing me this review-light!

We will have a closer look at the Fenix TK32. This light is designed for hunting, but also suited for searching en outdoor activities. It's one of the best throwers in its class.
BTW: I've made earlier some impressions about this light, you can find them here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...TK32-pictures-impressions-beamshots&highlight=

Compact light with big "thrower-head"
ekotis.jpg

Designed for hunting
jz89qp.jpg

At first, we'll have a look at the specs, (given bij Fenix):
·Utilizes Cree XM-L2 (U2) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
·Integrated Red, Green and Blue LEDs with 100mW output
·Uses one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two CR123Abatteries
·159 mm (Length) ×25.4 mm(Body Diameter) ×52mm(Head Diameter)
·180-gram weight (excluding batteries)
·Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
·Low-voltage warning function to remind users of low power
·Reverse polarity protection to protect from improper battery installation
·Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
·Dual tail switch for momentary-on and output selection
·Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
·Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
·Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating

The box, with most important specs on it
6j137o.jpg

Runtime and output specs
302unio.jpg

and the light (comes including spare o-ring, manual, lanyard, holster and 2 CR123A batteries)
66jcwh.jpg

First thing I noticed the built quality is excellent. Light feels robust, is well finished and will last for many years. It has big sleeves in the head for cooling. There was no grease on the threads, but you can solve this "problem" by yourself.

Some details, excellent built quality and finishing
2je4tmv.jpg

34ihddv.jpg

ifn86c.jpg

Unfortunately, TK32 cannot tailstand. Should be added on all lights, in my opinion.
vimxzn.jpg

TK32 has an impressive head with built-in XM-L2 led (centered) and also three 100mW color leds (red/green/blue) Every led can lit up in only one color.

Well centered XM-L2 led
s5cr3l.jpg

A closer look…
14wwv1w.jpg

Different colors in rainy circumstances…
28ba59s.jpg

2ap113.jpg

2cn9wfl.jpg

2rfzdc6.jpg

TK32's user interface is quite simply: Press the biggest button for on/off or momentary and the other button for mode selection: low > mid > high > turbo. No strobe or SOS-mode can be found. With the light on you can switch to the color modes by pressing and holding the mode button. After release you can cycle through the color modes: red > green > blue. The light has a memory function for white and color modes. By pressing and holding the mode button from off you get instant red light. Personally I don't understand why a hunting light hasn't a strobe mode. Also I prefer a good low-mode. (1 or less lumens)

Size comparison

Fenix thrower brothers: TK61 and TK32
bdl1t5.jpg

TK61, TK35 and TK32
2dhfziu.jpg

4 x 18650, 2 x 18650 and 1 x 18650
23ta3m.jpg

As you can see on the pics, TK32 is a bit longer than the TK35, but has a much thinner battery tube
9sxqbm.jpg

I've made some white wall shots, here they are:

Camera settings: ISO 100, F/2.7, 1/125 sec, 35mm
2ebcqrt.jpg

2uoszea.jpg

2qc1nj7.jpg

2mpa71t.jpg

Animated pic:
nqpkci.jpg

5pofoi.jpg

qz28eq.jpg

eedco.jpg

And now, the outdoor shots: :)

Camera settings: ISO 100, F/2.7, 4.0 sec, 35mm, WB daylight
mi0wtf.jpg

1yu79i.jpg

2isgvhz.jpg

rmqvf7.jpg

Animated:
20r5qvt.jpg

i77h50.jpg

24fzqir.jpg

65zyfr.jpg

Beamprofile shot
331hfz5.jpg

The TK32 is the best pocketsized thrower I've ever had. Color leds are only suitable for short distance, up to max. 5-10 meters. Built quality and finishing are excellent. Wish I had some more modes (strobe, moonlight), a tailstand and an anti-roll design.

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you! I was wondering if someone had a nice comparison photo of this light with some others, so that helped a lot.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had my Tk32 a week now and love it! it stomps my SRT7 into the dirt. Nearly twice the throw, brighter RGB and no screwy interface plus was cheaper

malocchio

Newly Enlightened
Is there any other 900 lumen torch that will also throw 400 meters off one 18650 ,has ability to tailstand,and is basically same size and weight,or close to it ?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had my Tk32 a week now and love it! it stomps my SRT7 into the dirt. Nearly twice the throw, brighter RGB and no screwy interface plus was cheaper

Thanks ! the SRT7 should throw similar to my M22 so i assume i would find the same results my self ?

good review and lovely shots KJ

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had my new TK32 for about 3 weeks now and am just as amazed by it now as I was when I first got it. 40000 candela out of your pocket is ridiculous! Running it on Olight rebadged 3400 mah Pannies and it just runs long and strong. I have yet to get this thing to even step down and Ive left it on hmmm Still the beam profile is so good its one of the years best lights and the rgb colors are brighter and more useful than on the Nitecore SRT7

bodhran

Enlightened
Thanks for the review. I've had mine a few days and I'm very happy with it. Working a solo Medic unit where I have to carry a lot of bulky, heavy equipment, I like to keep the rest of my equipment small and light. I've been very happy with my Zebralight SC600w MK2 L2 but wanted something with more throw. This fits the bill nicely. I'll still carry the Zebralight though.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
KJ75, you have the TK61, TK35, and TK32 listed as 3, 2, and 1 18650 respectively in one pic. Think you meant 4 for the TK61.