Looking for high lumen A15 bulb

ItzRav

Newly Enlightened
I have a ceiling fan with an enclosed globe. It currently has two small CFLs in it (medium base). Each bulb is 825 lumen, 2700K, each approximately 3-3/4L x 1.5D. This is a guest room, and I don't like how long it takes for the bulbs to warm up (give off enough light). I'd like to switch them to LED bulbs, which given the size constraint would be A15 bulbs. I've looked, but can't find, anything approaching 800 lumens per bulb in that size LED. The highest I've found is a 500 lumen A15 EcoSmart at Home Depot. It claims to be 60W equivalent, but to me 60W should be more in the 800 lumen range. Does anyone here know of a higher lumen soft white A15 LED bulb? Thanks.

CoveAxe

Enlightened
Unfortunately everything outside of the standard A-19 series and some spotlight bulbs is underdeveloped in terms of using LEDs. It will be years before finding a bulb in every size and option will be possible.

The efficiency just isn't there yet to have that high of a lumen bulb in an enclosed fixture either. Those bulbs will burn out very quickly from the heat build-up. For now I would just stick with incandescent/halogen if you need instant on and then revisit it in a year or so.

Last edited: