Toronto flashaholic get together

bright star

Newly Enlightened
As the title implies is anybody interested in getting together for a flashlight gathering in the month of September or possibly early October ? :huh:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be able to make it for a get together in October, not 100% sure depending on training schedule

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
I am planning a full-weekend Camp Meet this coming spring just 45 minutes away from Toronto if you interested. Let me know and i can add you to the info email list.

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
i have your name added to the interest list. ( PM me an email if you like to be added to the email update list for the meet.

4n3w

Newly Enlightened
I'm a newbie here (I have a Haiku, Tain Flute, Tain Zenith and a couple more on the way) but I'd like to attend a GTG in the GTA :)

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
Mmmm...a year later and still nothing...lol:shrug:

i know sorry, the year was crazy with work, family issues etc. I have been working on a weekend meet with some locals, but not confirmed yet maybe for a weekend in September, and i promise to organize a big one fro next spring.

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
Sounds Good Den. ...wow I'm not the only one up at this crazy hour uhh...I'm at work, nights. . Ugg
I have two others definitely interested so far from another Flashlight forum for possibly on the weekend of September 11- 12th.
Here is the copy/paste of the topic:
" Its been planned since last year, but we never got it going last summer to set up the 1st Southern Ontario weekend Light & Photon event/meet/Camp.
There are many in the USA and all over the world, (the Photon Festival is in its 22st year in the PA/NJ area.) and as far as i know Canada has not hosted one yet.

There are a few members on other flashlight forums, there is a lot of local interest from a few members there in this.
I am willing to put some time in arranging to set up this meet/event. ( if any local Ontario volunteers what to pitch in would be greatly appreciated. For this year since it woudl be the first, we can keep it simple & low cost.
If it goes well, then for next year we can plan it to be more involving with possible sponsors, better giveaways, light competitions, etc.
This would be a full weekend meet, for flashlight, lantern, EDC enthusiasts & for anyone here who would like to attend.
I have experience in working with & volunteering in various events pertaining to collectors and enthusiasts, so it is of some help to organize i guess.
This would be likely a camp-out weekend at a conservation area type park, with RVs, tents, etc. (An Inn/motel is available nearby the conservation park for those who wish to stay there.
I Have Photography gear and tripods for the beamshooting, and will bring my Light sphere for lux measuring. I will bring most of my entire collection of lights for show and beam shots, etc.
The park that would host this is the Tottenham Conservation Area Park >> http://www.tottenhamconservation.com/about.html
I currently have my RV there for the season, and will use that for a base for charging lights, the BBQs, Campfires, etc.
- The cost per night for tents is only $ 20 CAD for non serviced, (or $ 35 for the entire weekend) and serviced-sites for RVs & trailers is $ 25 for 15-Amp. More here: >> http://www.tottenhamconservation.com/fee.html
Tents can be set up anywhere near my RV site or in the park, as goes for RV used on non serviced areas.

Below is a photo of the site i am located where we could set up tables for light displaying, testing, etc.

RV%20Park%20001_zpsvacpnhzr.jpg

RV%20Park%20002_zpsbepczqxh.jpg

If your really interested let me know and i can add your name to the list if interested attendees.

- DB

nomadtor416

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here. Would be great to meet you all...but...since I don't drive, it'd likely have to be within TTC distance for me. :(

nomadtor416

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, it's been pretty quiet here. Now that the weather is nice, anyone interested in just hanging out one evening and chillin' downtown at Fran's diner (I live near their location across from College subway station) or some other decent place downtown?

Ideally, it'd be great to find a place downtown to test out our lights as well, but that's probably unlikely.

Last edited:

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
I would be interested if it was in a good area (outside of the down town toronto) & in a good area for the big lights to throw :)

nomadtor416

Newly Enlightened
For downtown, I was thinking Ramsden Park as well. But how comfortable would the residents or passersby be with seeing flashlights go on and off?

I live a block east of Queen's Park and figured that's a decent-sized park too, but not sure if we'd have to deal with nearby OPP and UofT campus police.

As for time, I'm usually good until 10:30pm, Wednesday to Saturdays.

Oh, and add one non-CPF'er to the mix: I was able to recently get a local friend into LED lights after I gave him my old Thrunite TN12 (2012).

Last edited:

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
we could meet at the crown and dragon at 900 Yonge lets say 8:00 pm on this Thursday and have a beer, then walk to ramsden park

I have 4 MCGizmo's, 1 - Dark Sucks, and 1 Cool fall - does this work ??

Matrix 100