Mod a Sunwayman v11r to use a 18650?

peripatew

Newly Enlightened
Is this possible? It seems I ran across a comment of someone talking about it, but wasn't able to find the thread. Would it work to just bore out the AA adapter to the width of the 18650?

I ask this as a total noob in terms of flashlight modifications. I'm LOVING the v11r, but thought upgrading to an 18650 would be awesome. Thanks!

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this possible? It seems I ran across a comment of someone talking about it, but wasn't able to find the thread. Would it work to just bore out the AA adapter to the width of the 18650?

I ask this as a total noob in terms of flashlight modifications. I'm LOVING the v11r, but thought upgrading to an 18650 would be awesome. Thanks!

Yes, it is possible to bore the tube to fit a 18mm cell, there are people in this forum that provide this service.
I got my V10R Ti modified by Barry from Precision Works & his work is top notch.

But even with the AA extender, the maximum length will be ~500mm, so that will rule out the 18650.
However I am not sure if you can put 2 AA extenders together to further extend the length to 650mm....

Latest posts