Please help me confirm the Lumens of my SF E2D Exec Defender once and for all...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yorick,
With out a photo, and assuming it hasn't ever been upgraded to LED, I am going to say you are likely correct with the 60 Lumen. That was the output of the stock Xenon bulb. It was bright for its time. You looking to upgrade it, replace it, sell it, or just plain curious?
Look up Tana (a member here) if you want to upgrade it to a modern light or turn it into a KILLER light!

Welcome to the forum.

Yorick

Newly Enlightened
If you're referring to the incandescent E2D then it would be 60 lumens with the MN03 lamp assembly installed.

There is a mode # A154712 , but that did not help with the google search. It appears brighter than 60 lumens ! (But that sounds right.) And I've been concerned about the S10 L2 only having 400 lumens. :eek:oo: LOL. I understand that it is xenon instead of led ?

Thanks for your help!

Yorick

Newly Enlightened
Yorick,
With out a photo, and assuming it hasn't ever been upgraded to LED, I am going to say you are likely correct with the 60 Lumen. That was the output of the stock Xenon bulb. It was bright for its time. You looking to upgrade it, replace it, sell it, or just plain curious?
Look up Tana (a member here) if you want to upgrade it to a modern light or turn it into a KILLER light!

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, I would like to upgrade it. It appears bright for only having 60 lumens ! And I paid at lot for it at a mall store at the time.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Very kind of you.

LGT

Enlightened
Yes, I would like to upgrade it. It appears bright for only having 60 lumens ! And I paid at lot for it at a mall store at the time.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Very kind of you.
Just a thought, but why "upgrade" to LED, an incandescent surefire light, that will never be made again, when you can go out probably buy an LED for the same price?

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple answer in my eyes, I like the incan bezel far more than the current KLxx bezel head.

Here's mine. I'm currently building a (3) XP-G2 pill for my E2Ed, but I like this particular light the way it is.

P1050263.jpg

Yorick

Newly Enlightened
Just a thought, but why "upgrade" to LED, an incandescent surefire light, that will never be made again, when you can go out probably buy an LED for the same price?

Good question/point. Perhaps I won't upgrade it then. I will leave it as it is, but buy a LED instead. Thanks...

Yorick

Newly Enlightened
Simple answer in my eyes, I like the incan bezel far more than the current KLxx bezel head.

Here's mine. I'm currently building a (3) XP-G2 pill for my E2Ed, but I like this particular light the way it is.

P1050263.jpg

You're speaking Greek to me. Whats is a " (3) XP-G2 " ? :)

Nice shot !

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll +1 the notion of leaving the E2D as-is (incandescent). I bought an LED drop in upgrade for mine, and the reflector just doesn't work very well with an LED (due to the shallow nature, it was almost all flood without much throw). Nothing seemed to penetrate the night like the MN03.

You're going to spend approx $70 to buy an LED drop in for the E2D, so I'd suggest trying to find a new LED light in that price range. There are plenty to choose from!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also suggest keeping it stock to appreciate a xenon-halogen incan for what it is capable of, especially in certain situations like fog, heavy snowfall, or rain, next to a typical LED light.

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
E2D2.jpg
[/URL]
E2D1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

First time using PB. From my "Safe"..pics are kinda small, but I can't seem to figure photobucket out right now. My phone takes good pics, but it was tough to get a good one this evening, really dark in the house and I get glare with the flash.

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll +1 the notion of leaving the E2D as-is (incandescent). I bought an LED drop in upgrade for mine, and the reflector just doesn't work very well with an LED (due to the shallow nature, it was almost all flood without much throw). Nothing seemed to penetrate the night like the MN03.

You're going to spend approx $70 to buy an LED drop in for the E2D, so I'd suggest trying to find a new LED light in that price range. There are plenty to choose from!

2 heads are better than one. I liked the host body on the E2D incan so much, I kept the old incan head and just got a new head. Love that body! Got it with me right now. It wasn't about the price...

Latest posts