Which one? Olight i3s eos or Thrunite Ti3? Runtime & Durability

adammg

Newly Enlightened
Which would you choose for runtime and durability? Comparing specs on both manufactures websites, it appears olight is better on runtime but less lumens on high. I know sometimes thats not always correct in real world usage. Which would you buy?

Adammg

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an i3s for ~$20 shipped, in blue and love it. If I lose it, I'm not out a lot of cash. It's a pretty nifty little light with an Eneloop installed and it'll scream on a li-ion, but it gets too hot, too quickly, so I stick with the Eneloop.

Chris

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ti3 has 3 modes: .1/10/170 which is like Firefly/Lo/Turbo

The i3S has 3 modes: 20/80/1 which is like Med/Hi/Moon

If you are looking at run time, then the Hi mode on the Ti3 will drain the cell too fast.
There is no Med mode to choose from either.

There are other lights also:

Fenix E05 XPE2 Stainless Steel: 8/25/85

Fenix LD02 XPE2 clicky: 8/25/100

DQG Mini XPG2 AAA Stainless Steel clicky: 7/70/140

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
I only have the olight i3s.Happy with it.But since the launch of thrunite ti3, I was etching to get one and was waiting for the olight to give away to buy a new thrunite , but it's holding well on my car keychain,no problem till now.

Now is there any one out there who has both with them and can compare both?.

Does thrunite have anything other than turbo mode, better to i3s.
Is it more durable and robust than i3s?

And the important qn-does thrunite have a better beam pattern than the i3s?
Is there any reason, I should buy a ti3 to replace i3s?

buddyrohr

Removed by his own request
a little late here but i was looking at the i3s and the thrunite ti and when i searched on here i found a lot of people who liked the thrunite but also many threads pointing to reliability problems with the thrunite. i ordered the i3s but it is not here yet.

another thing to mention is the olight i3s page shows 80/20/.5 not 80/20/1 as quoted above. the runtimes quoted are 60 hours at .5 and 8 at 20 and 35 minutes at 80. 8 hours at 20 would seem to real usable for a lot of stuff like getting stuck on the trail etc. and 60 hours is a lot of mapreading.

i found good reviews of the i3s on here and not many problems so i decided on it hope it will be good. i do like titanium but what i read here about the design issue on the thrunite put me off from looking into it any further.

what did you eventually get and how are you liking it?

Last edited: