Led Lenser F1R

utlgoa

Enlightened
Just saw this new flashlight reviewed on YouTube but can't find any information on the Web. Looks like a large F1 using a 18650 battery. Comes with a charger but it's not magnetic, which will probably keep the cost down. It has a 1000 lumen (ANSI ?) output and no flood to spotlight feature.

Last edited:

utlgoa

Enlightened
After reviewing the videos it appears that Led Lenser has incorporated a TIR lens to combine the best attributes of Spot/flood. This light could not have come any sooner and will hopefully win over some of the Led Lenser "Haters" out there.

Just found some product information from the Led Lenser UK website and
a link for more information about the F1R.

"The LED LENSER® F1 has already triggered astounding enthusiasm in countless users. Thanks to consistent further development we have now succeeded in increas- ing both efficiency and performance considerably. With up to 1000 lumens* and a length of just 115 mm, the new rechargeable LED LENSER® F1R is not just extremely powerful, but thanks to the new battery pack concept, it is also extremely environmentally aware!It convinces with all the known components and functions of the F1, for example, the electronic regulation with temperature sensor, the tailstand with integrated roll protection, the replaceable tactical ring, water tightness according to IPX8 and, of course, use-optimized lighting. In doing so, the valued flexibility and functionality of the original flashlight, such as the variable application of the clips, is maintained.Just as essential for this pocket-sized masterwork is the HA III anodization according to military standards.Ready for takeoff!"

http://www.ledlenser.com/uk/flashlights/f1r/

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I like the light,just not the price............its around £80 in UK so give/take $130 ish

utlgoa

Enlightened
Knew it was be to good to be true......they got the lumens right, but not the price.

parametrek

Enlightened
They are also still not playing along with ANSI FL1. The "60 hour" runtime is the duration between 1000 lumens and 1 lumen. FL1 would stop the runtime at 100 lumens. Who knows how they get the "160 meter" throw value either, but that is at least in the right ballpark for 1000 lumen lights.

utlgoa

Enlightened
Still going to give the new F1R a shot and purchase the light when it's released on the U.S. market. I think Led Lenser has the best tint/whitest beams in the market. I used my Led Lenser X7R the other night to walk the dogs and was still impressed by the beam pattern and concentrated light due to Led Lensers patented lens system. After all Led Lenser is so much more than just an LED and an orange peel reflector.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

utlgoa

Enlightened
Starting to see that the F1R is being sold outside the USA. Led Lenser is probably waiting to introduce the F1R at the next ShotShow along with the updated X7R possibly using three (3) XP-G Gen 2 LED's.

Time will tell.......

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Far to expensive for the UK market but i can see where the client base will come from.It will sell well to the well heeled in the posh shops.

utlgoa

Enlightened
Led Lenser USA advised American sales will begin in the next month or so (November/December 2014)

ven

Flashaholic
Depending on cost ,although imo its a nice design they are up against surefire.............and quite possible surefire will be cheaper. Dont get me wrong,they will sell some but imho they are out of their depth in the USA ...............simply put.

If priced at around the $50-$80 mark they would sell very well or a lot better .............. my guess is twice that cost!!

Just my opinion and the lensers i have i like:)

utlgoa

Enlightened
You are correct ven, BrightGuys advised that the F1R will sell for approximately $125.00 which includes the battery, battery charger, five year warranty and two bezels.

1000 ANSI Lumens
That Led Lenser Tint which is whiter than white (but not bluish)
Above average quality
Regulated output
Programmable
More than an OP reflector and a Cree XM-L2 LED

I'm buying this flashlight !

I'm getting this light

utlgoa

Enlightened
Chose to purchase the F1R through a company called Immedia Systems that is based in Cupertino,California.

The price was $119.00 with free shipping. According to FedEx SmartPost the F1R shipped on 11/5/2014 from Memphis, Tennessee so I should receive it soon.

Considering that the purchase price includes the 1000 lumen ANSI F1R, focusing TIR lense, extra bezel, 18650 battery, USB battery charger and a five year warranty, I think the price is competitive with Eagletac lights that are being at sold at this time on Amazon.com.

ven

Flashaholic
Look forward to your impressions ,congrats utlgoa:thumbsup: if you have other known lights it would be good for a size comparison pic too please:)
5yr warranty is above average too,hopefully other brands will catch up and maybe supersede even........

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does this compare to say ... a Zebralight SC62w?

My understanding is the F1 and F1R have fixed TIR lenses. They lack the zoom feature most other LED Lenser's have. Without the zoom feature there doesn't seem like a lot to make them stand out from the pack. A TIR is nice, but I'm not sure a TIR produces a beam that's any more pleasing than a standard OP reflector. Both can produce nice beams. Main advantage of the TIR seems to be that it can be shorter than a reflector making for a shorter light.

If the F1 and F1R were zoomable then they'd definitely stand out from the pack as exceptional lights.

utlgoa

Enlightened
Price drop !

Now being sold for $102.47 on Amazon.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
LOL

Yes. Perhaps similar to the Hammacher-Schlemmer catalog in the U.S.

Far to expensive for the UK market but i can see where the client base will come from.It will sell well to the well heeled in the posh shops.