Need some help from you please

m.pille.led

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I´m new around here
I have been recomended and told that you are some very Cool and helpfull people here at the CPF
I would like to build a dive torch with, multiple, Cree XM-L leds, I only find the lenses from 12ºdegres on, but i was searching for a lense with about 8-9 degres
And searching for a good Lipo batterie with minimum 6Amps. at 4s; can you give me na idea were to get them for a good price?
Can you give me a idea were to get something from that kind
thanks for your help guys, and have a wonderfull day!

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
For tight beams from the XM-L I like the 27mm aspherics from CPF members aHorton or jspeybro. The aHorton one is a bit better, and it's glass, so it's harder to scratch, but it's pretty thick. I would recommend it if you are looking to get every last bit of performance possible. The jspeybro one is a plastic fresnel, so it's only 2mm thick, and it's easier to work with. It's also cheaper.

m.pille.led

Newly Enlightened
Hi , thank you for your help
Would you have a recomendation on an optic with about 9degres for 7x cree xml ??
And also were to get the leds and optics for a good price
Thanks for your help and have a good day

jspeybro

Enlightened
Would you have a recomendation on an optic with about 9degres for 7x cree xml ??

9° for a 7x XML, I doupt this exists for the common 7x xml boards. if you're willing to use individual stars, it may be feasible.
by the way, are you looking for 9° full angle (at 50% of the intensity = FWHM) or half angle?

getting leds and optics at a good price depends entirely on where you're from, what quality you want and how fast you want to get it.

DX and kaidomain are cheap sources but not always very reliable.
cutter.com.au has all the latest cree led variants but shipping can be pricy.
but there are many other interesting websites as well.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

What you need to realize is that the larger the LED the larger the optic needs to be to get a tight beam. So, if you use 7 27mm Ahortons you are stuck with 81mm diameter optic. add a bit more for the walls and you are well over 90mm.
I doubt you will get 8-9 deg full beam with the Ahorton.

You would end up with a huge amount of light. No sure why you would need so much though.

Latest posts