iOS 8 and SwiftKey

gunga

Flashaholic
Hi there. Anyone try iOS 8 and SwiftKey on their iPhone?

It's not perfect but I'd say it's running around 80-90% accuracy, which is probably better than my fat finger typing. I'm talking about swipe typing which is totally wild. I know it's been on Android for a few years but is a new option for iPhones.

I was unsure about it but totally love it now after using it a few days. Feels so much more intuitive on an iPhone. You kinda want an iPhone 5 to use iOS 8 tho. I find it a touch slow on my iPod touch 5G. Works well on my 5S tho.

Totally makes the forums even easier on the phone. This and the CPF app (or tapatalk) make these forums much more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

Reji22

Newly Enlightened
I am using iOS 8 and have Swype installed on my iPhone5. It is ok but the spacing between the alphabets is slightly tight. Besides, Swype is paid app.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like the old fashioned 'touch pal' for it's ability to swipe, auto this and that along with the ability to turn those off.

It puts keys like comma and period on the 'home screen' and lets you customize the face with numerous pre-sets or a photo in the background.

My work issued an iphone 5s so my keyboard has an opaque company logo in the background to remind me 'careful what you say, corparate is watching'