Torchiere conversion to LED from halogen bayonet -- recommendations?

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've searched around on this topic and haven't found much... Some people have fashioned their own DIY conversions, which for the most part don't look that great (hardware raised above shade quite a bit). Given the size of the bayonet, I'd think it's fine enough for a small LED unit to be fashioned for it. I know there are a lot of very cheap halogen torchiere lights out there that people wouldn't unload more money than the light to power by LED, but there are mid to higher end lights of superb quality that would be great candidates.

Granted to achieve the original maximum lumens output, you'd need a very beefy driver and LED array. But most people don't run their torchiere lights on full, because of the heat (and power consumption). I've seen people do conversions with decent output, but their designs are very bulky. And these are from a couple of years ago, so I imagine things have improved a bit to allow fashioning something with a lower profile.

Has anyone here seen a terrific DIY halogen-->LED conversion for bayonet bulb style torchiere lights? Or is any company out there finally producing one that's worthwhile to buy? Thanks!