I came across a very neat website about very interesting lights.

koti

Enlightened
The cooling turbine with ceramic bearings on a quad 18350 host with self activated keyboard illumination looks interesting.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Yes, we're aware of Lux, they advertised here for some time. There's a thread about the Fat Boy that originates from many months ago, though unfortunately there hasn't been much progress on it since.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
And other than the price, what is interesting?

Well, apart from what koti has mentioned... The fact that the FB1's 12x white emitters are sitting behind single TIRs mean you each individual TIR can be configured from 5 different options from 16-60 degrees. There are also 1x deep red and 1x UV emitters. Interesting enough for me. :)

Illum

Flashaholic
Sergi has been around, in fact his cpf handle is Lux-RC

His first contributions was these light engines, in fact Oveready uses some of these in his first drop-ins
Not sure if any of you guys have seen these..

L332MC.JPG

These integrated boards are from LUX-RC

http://www.lux-rc.com/view.php?p=con.../light_engines

I've got a few with the 20mm tight carlco optics, they put an ok beam pattern

L332MC - Programmable Regulated LED Engine. 1100 Lm Cool White 6500K (XP-G R5 @ 1.1A). 20mm. DC 3.0V-9.5V

The L332MC above has modes, but is also available as single mode. only downside is that if you want to operate the modes you need an on/off switch plus a momentary switch.

L332MC.jpg

You'll get more throw with the XPE versions..

http://www.lux-rc.com/view.php?p=con.../light_engines

I can do some beam shots latter if you guys are interested..

Some reason he's :banned: :thinking:
Hi Mattaus and everyone!

Please email me at serge[AT]lux-rc.com (replace [AT] with @) or Skype ("lux-rc" name) or PM. Skype & email works much faster :)

The triple engine current version is 334. You can download the datasheet from this location. I'm sure it answers most questions.

Sorry for the mess at lux-rc.com, I'm not the best when it comes to web design job. Really busy with electronics now.

Last edited:

koti

Enlightened
Yes, we're aware of Lux, they advertised here for some time. There's a thread about the Fat Boy that originates from many months ago, though unfortunately there hasn't been much progress on it since.

Could you post a link to that thread? I can't find "Lux-RC" when I run a search, looks like hes banned ?

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you post a link to that thread? I can't find "Lux-RC" when I run a search, looks like hes banned ?

If you click on the little blue arrows in the quote next to the member name, it will take you directly to the quoted post. Here is the Where to get Lux-RC engines from now? thread and here is a link to Lux-RC's profile page from which you can find all his threads and posts.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Clearly I need more coffee, I completely missed the point of your post even though I quoted it. Here are two more useful links (hopefully), Anybody own a Lux FB1 Fat Boy?/Lux-RC Fatboy FB1 Fatboy...will it EVER happen?? & Lux-RC FL33 T50 review - A Layman's Perspective.

Last edited:

koti

Enlightened
If you click on the little blue arrows in the quote next to the member name, it will take you directly to the quoted post. Here is the Where to get Lux-RC engines from now? thread and here is a link to Lux-RC's profile page from which you can find all his threads and posts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the explanation and sory for my spamish question.
Edit: No worries...I did some digging and found the info on the Fatboy. Thanks again :)

Last edited:

Elmie

Enlightened
I bought a FL33 couple months back. Always wanted a triple but didn't feel comfortable ordering from Mac (when his website was still up). Serge is great to deal with and his lights are top notch. I still don't understand why Mac's triple is so sought after, when a perfectly good triple exits from Lux-rc and most importantly you KNOW that you will be receiving a light...

koti

Enlightened
For me the active cooling is something very atractive. If the cooling is actualy to do its job in the fatboy theres room for huge overdriving which would make this light the ultimate "wow" light.