Looking for some 1/2D batteries

FIS

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am currently looking for a set of 1/2D batteries for my Maglite 4D setup:

Single LED's: MT-G2
Single LED Heatsink: Custom made
Reflector: Phoenix PA11.1 in AQ coating.
Drivers: Taskled H6Flex
Lenses: flashlightlens.com UCL Lens - 52.1mm

Everything is fixed and mounted, and I just need to get the hands on the batteries, I have already bored out the tail so it should be able to fit 7 1/2D batteries, but which one do I chose, and how do I rerharge them?
I do want a set that is atleast 3500mAh.
Thanks.

Regards,
FIS

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
is there a specific reason you want to stick to outdated type of cell that is not made by any reputable manufactures?? you can have 4 li ion that will have more energy stored than 7 1\2d. and have less than half the weight, but if you insist.

as long as you can fit it in a charger, (d cell charger would work fine if you use some kind of spacer, stack of quaters should do the trick, if you have nothing else, ) you can charge them one by one, or you can get a pvc pipe that fits them all in series, and charge them all at once with a smart charger.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can still find them, Aero 4000mAh 1/2D's were the thing for ROP builds. Handles high current draws really well.

FIS

Newly Enlightened
The only reason I wanted the 1/2D was because I was recommended those earlier, but what kind of Li Ion batteries would be better?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only reason I wanted the 1/2D was because I was recommended those earlier, but what kind of Li Ion batteries would be better?

pretty much any li ion cell from reputable manufacturer will work, lg sanyo, panasonic, tenergy......., you want cell swith pcb (protected) ... 4d can fit 4 you'll need to remove tail spring and do tailcup mod.