2014 Nitecore i4 V2 Universal Intelligent Charger packaging

cobalt327

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought the charger from an eBay vendor. The eBay auction showed the familiar "2014 Version" red banner on the outer packaging, however when I received the charger the red 2014 banner was missing from the packing. I contacted the vendor, was told the charger was indeed the 2014 version and that the packaging was left over from the earlier version.

Upon inspecting the charger, it does appear to be the 2014 version, at least it has the metal sliders and the redesigned battery 'pegs' having the convex surface where they contact the battery. Is using the leftover packaging a known non-issue, or should I be concerned? I did google a page that spoke about the older packaging being used with the 2014 charger but I felt compelled to ask this knowledgeable community for verification.

Thanks in advance.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my v.2 4-5 months back and it says nothing on the box, or the charger, about being v.2, or 2014, so I don't know? Mine has the metal sliders and the convex 'buttons' on the slider's battery contact points, so I guess I'm safe?

Chris