New aluminum/brass/copper edc in the works

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys. Most of you know me as a custom laser builder in my "Tmack Customs" thread. I thought it was about time to try to see what I can do with flashlights. I wanted to create a light that could run with the big boys in durable, waterproof, compact edc lights. They are machined by a good friend of mine whose work is just amazing. Very clean and looks immaculate . I then install the internals much like I do with my laser builds. After getting some input from a few guys about what they thought would be the ultimate edc light, these are what spawned from their years of experience with production and custom lights. I wanted to stay simple, but give everything you would need in a reliable workhorse that would last for years. Everything is purpose built. Nothing fancy, nothing there that's not needed. These are for those who want something that is made to last, work, and serve you through any situation that you may need. Thick sidewalls to make sure the internals stay protected, and are able to withstand the heat from 3.04a xml2. The bezel is notched to allow some light to be seen when headstanding. The tail is made to comfortably let your thumb wrap around, but still stable enough to easily tailstand. Course knurling make sure she stays in wet dirty hands. It's shown next to the d25c for a size comparison. Just wanted to see what you guys think and maybe Guage the interest of a new option of edc. Thanks for looking. Any feedback is appreciated.
I'll have exact weight and dimensions posted shortly. Along with runtime and otf lumen.

u4y2ubu7.jpg

Flat lens oring and only a single joint making it totally waterproof. (4 hour test)
Up to 3.04a available.
xpg2 if more throw is needed, but will sacrifice beam width and overall lumen.
1x 16340 / 18350 compatible
Thick sidewall for super durability and thermal mass
Tailstand able
Headstand able with crenulated bezel for a low light application.
Modes can be set to a variety of preferences.
Low/high
Low /med /high
Moonlight /low /med /high
Low /med /high /strobe /sos
Tons of thermal mass for good runtime even at high power.
Aluminum /copper/brass body options, as well as very durable powder coat(in testing stages) , or anodizing (aluminum only)
Course knurling for good grip.
Only slightly larger than the pictured d25c in the top left, and a great weight (will have exact weight soon with complete internals and cell)
Stainless pocket clip
Mcclicky forward click switch.
Textured reflector for great beam profile.
AR coated lens for optimal light transmission
Super solid connections, and heavy Guage wire for good impact and thermal durability.

Really happy with these. Will be available very soon.

Any powder coat /anodizing will be added depending on specific design.

Email
[email protected]

Prices

Copper $200
Brass $190
Alu $175
Ti TBD

1. Xxfalconxx cu xml2
2. AZ2AK cu xml2
3. Mcbrat cu xml2

Last edited:

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
We formally had Mac, and now we have Tmack's customs!
Congrats bud!
I'd be interested in seeing the copper one . Do you a picture of the copper version on file?

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I'd be interested in an aluminum or Ti version. I would strongly prefer it if the battery compartment could take an 18350, since at 3A, a CR123 isn't going to work anyway.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a problem I can have the battery compartment widened a hair without a hitch.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will have pricing for these in the next couple days. And copper pictures coming shortly as well.

I've been using imr Efest 16340, but your right, I want the full effect of what the driver is pushing.

And 3a will be the highest current I will offer. That's another thing that will be up to the customer. How hard it is driven.

I know some people want balls to the wall lights, and some are more concerned with runtime and heat. I want this light to accomodate the needs of all types of members.

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested in seeing the copper version and +1 on making them 18350 compatible.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just talked to the machinist, and that is no problem.

Much appreciated gentlemen. :)

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will have pricing for these in the next couple days. And copper pictures coming shortly as well.

I've been using imr Efest 16340, but your right, I want the full effect of what the driver is pushing.

And 3a will be the highest current I will offer. That's another thing that will be up to the customer. How hard it is driven.

I know some people want balls to the wall lights, and some are more concerned with runtime and heat. I want this light to accomodate the needs of all types of members.
If driven at a more modest current would this light run on a primary CR123?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely. It can be driven to run a primary just fine while still keeping her bright

cliwilnew

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested. I definitely vote for 18350 compatibility and a moonlight/sub-lumen level. Will there be LED tint options?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes sir. I'll have all the tint options, along with exact dimensions and weight of each type of body.

Seems like a lot more interested in copper than brass.