*new* Fenix UC35: micro-usb rechargeable, max 960 lumens

kj75

Enlightened
Listed on Fenix webpage now. And again, a new Fenix....

http://fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=150&tid=12&cid=1#

28hzno6.jpg

o56yhx.jpg

4j53k4.jpg

Some (personal) thoughts:

- Why not a location beacon in the switch?
- where is the moonlight-mode?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
First thoughts from me. Looks like that cover for the USB would possibly give water intrusion issues. 14 Lumens is a good low, just needs a Moon light option. I do like the Nitecore locator beacon too. Summary, kinda neat, but not too exiting for me personally.

spankone

Enlightened
looks nice. I would like a shorter version with out the rear switch. It would make for a nice helmet light for night riding.

spankone

Enlightened
they can seal the back of the connector. we do it on our pipe inspection equipment in case a plug works loose

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks nice until I saw the length which is 150mm! That makes it similar in length to some 2xAA lights!

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Having repaired hundreds of mobile phones, I consider a micro-USB port on any device a weak point. On a flashlight that will probably see more abuse than the average smartphone, I'm extra wary of this method of charging.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Having repaired hundreds of mobile phones, I consider a micro-USB port on any device a weak point. On a flashlight that will probably see more abuse than the average smartphone, I'm extra wary of this method of charging.

I fully agree. It would be far better if the light had a magnetic chargeing port instead.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not one to really care about super low modes. 10-15ish lumens is fine for me.

This looks pretty nice and it's cool you can recharge any 18650.

radiopej

Enlightened
The image is reversed. Hehe.

I like it. It's a bit big, but it's fine for a backpack. I like the idea of a magnetic port, but the appeal here is that you can find a place to charge this thing ANYWHERE.

Main differences with UC40UE seem to be size and a tailcap switch.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast

The mini usb was much better if they had to go USB.