New 2D LED Mag.....surprisingly 57.5K lux !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,
Its been a long time since I purchased a Mag, let alone put up a post here in LED section.

I picked up a new 2D LED Mag. Tailcap current off 2D NiMH D cells is 1.6A. With 3 NiMH C cells its 688mA at tailcap.

Lux is surprisingly 57.5K lux and that's steady not the burst instant reading.:party::party::party::party:

I wasn't aware They changed the Mag so much.

The black disc around the emitter I put there for looks.

Best,
bigC

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took off the DOME just now off the LED my guess is an XPE.

The throw in lux fluctuates from 72,500K to 80,000K lux.

Crazy, this light is sold as a 165Lumen light yet stock throws steady over 55K lux. Now dedomed over 70K...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got a couple dozen Mags and I still gotta say that the new 3rd Gens really are the best Mags ever I mean come on 5-15 hours on high? The 3rd Gen 3 cell pushes 40000 candela thats not bad at all

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mag I purchased was definitely not the 3rd Gens.

I paid about $28 bucks for it at HomeDepot. I only purchased it cause I needed a hosts, but was surprised that the reflector throws so much because I purchased this identical light 2~3yrs ago and only made 20K lux if that.

bigC

TEEJ

Flashaholic
small emitter and large head produce high lux but if it has only 165 lumen its not really good. It means extreme tunnel vision i guess

Correct, the bane of the mag world is always that teeny spot of light...so oyu can't see much at a time.

They do go for distance over all else, albeit in a giant package. You can modify them with XPG2, XML2 or MTG2, etc, to put out relatively massive lumens while still having throw though.

:D