Osram or Narva H2 55W Bulbs?

therock

Newly Enlightened
Getting ready to stock up.......

I see Hella has been outsourcing to possibly lower quality makers.

I also see that [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif]Osram Sylvania is the North American operation of OSRAM GmbH, Germany.

Then there is Narva.

I would appreciate your words on any of them, Thanks
[/FONT]

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
A 55w H2 from Osram, Narva, Philips, Flosser, or Vosla would be fine (and equivalent to one another).

therock

Newly Enlightened
Editing because it was posted here in error.

Last edited:

therock

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about the previous reply. I got my messages mixed.

Thanks for the lamp info.

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Resurrecting this thread to ask if there have been any recent improved options. In 2014, Virgil said
A 55w H2 from Osram, Narva, Philips, Flosser, or Vosla would be fine (and equivalent to one another).

i just had an H2 bulb burn out, and I realized my stock is about gone. I've been looking, but do not see anything like Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreaker offered in H2. Is Virgil's advice above still spot on, or has anything newer & better come into the market?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
There are no upgraded H2s (and never will be, it's a very old and little-used bulb type). The advice in post #2 of this thread still holds.

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Thanks, Virgil. Just thought I'd check. Gee, I used to think that H2 was the cat's meow, had to be if all those fine Cibie and Marchal lights used it. I turned up my nose at the ubiquitous H3 bulbs. But the H2 with its fiddly bulb holders is apparently fading away. :rolleyes:

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Oh, one more question: Is Hella reliable? I suspect the familiar yellow box my contain a bulb from whichever manufacturer Hella is buying from this week. Is that right?

Latest posts