RemcoM`s Hi/Low beam light thread

ven

Flashaholic
I will start with the Qs on lights i have,well most but not all are here Remco that you asked about

RemcoM

Enlightened
:) If not happy i am sure it can be deleted Remco:thumbsup:

Fire away:)

1 Do you have a car, and yes, what brand?

2 Is your Fenix TK61vn, and your Olight SR52vn, more intense...kcD, than a carHIGHbeam?

ven

Flashaholic
Since then my a couple i have added are vinh lights,the srminivn and sr52vn of which i love both,fantastic lights
sr52vn

around 250kcd

Next to the srminiVN

My reasons on why i love the sr52vn,well size,usb charged,perfect in hand feel without heft,can run on high with no step down. Not to mention solid and nice deep reflector

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
1 Do you have a car, and yes, what brand?

2 Is your Fenix TK61vn, and your Olight SR52vn, more intense...kcD, than a carHIGHbeam?

I have a car yes,not tried tbh as only just got it and its not something i usually compare. However once dark i will do when i get time for you:)

Car is a WRX

Head lamps are

Quite a few artefacts in beam due to lamps i guess,way they are set up ..............also can see the colours on the high K so guess over 6500k...........

Cant answer last as the flashlights have hot spots,these are more intense than the cars due to being throwers,car lights have flood too and not designed to throw 1400yds. Imagine the crashes/danger on our roads if they were as concentrated.

RemcoM

Enlightened
I have a car yes,not tried tbh as only just got it and its not something i usually compare. However once dark i will do when i get time for you:)

Car is a WRX

Head lamps are

Quite a few artefacts in beam due to lamps i guess,way they are set up ..............also can see the colours on the high K so guess over 6500k...........

Cant answer last as the flashlights have hot spots,these are more intense than the cars due to being throwers,car lights have flood too and not designed to throw 1400yds. Imagine the crashes/danger on our roads if they were as concentrated.

Nice car,

Are that real spotlights on the very low, near the ground at the front, below your headlights?

Are they intense?

And how intense is the low/HIGHbeam of your car?

This photographs are just shot i guess?

Yes, thanks for open this thread, where i hope i can ask you, all car,flashlight questions.

ven

Flashaholic
Your welcome,i find you entertaining(in a good way of course)you ask some mad questions :laughing: and tbh its different and hope others will help answer too,its fun but also we can learn together,be it off the wall,or not:thumbsup:

Will try some pics now as not busy,in day though and not tested lower spots tbh,bare with me:)

I must be mad:nana:

RemcoM

Enlightened
Your welcome,i find you entertaining(in a good way of course)you ask some mad questions :laughing: and tbh its different and hope others will help answer too,its fun but also we can learn together,be it off the wall,or not:thumbsup:

Will try some pics now as not busy,in day though and not tested lower spots tbh,bare with me:)

I must be mad:nana:

Your TK61vn, and your Olight SR52vn, are visible now at this moment at afternoon, when you shine it against a wall, or a tree, at some distance, not too far away....so intense they are.

Can you try this? I see the hotspot when i shine now at a tree, at 50 meters away...with my TM36 offcourse.

Its easily visible.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Right,glad no bulbs out :laughing:

Normal (low beam) and spots

Hi beam with spots

and front again hi beam and spots

Had to move it for pics,thats 50p in fuel you owe me:p as said its day,in fact almost 3pm so best i can do and my night time pics are not good tbh,no good camera at hand,nor time to perfect.........number plate is edited but will take photobucket a while to sort.............cba waiting :sssh::sssh:

Please dont ask what bulbs :laughing: as not got a clue,would need a google on a Subaru Impreza :thumbsup: and had no time yet to look into anything properly due to too much crap happening at the moment:(

ven

Flashaholic
You like throwers Remco,you need to buy an sr52vn
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?386321-SR52vn-Another-Must-Have-Thrower

Its a must buy...................if i had to recommend a great light for the money its vinhs sr52vn................simple as that!!!!!

Its smaller and only around 50kcd less than the tm36 although admit its pretty much a completely different light.

You will not regret it!!!! and ..............well thats it,buy one:)

RemcoM

Enlightened
Can you make some pictures, of your Olight SR52vn, and your fenix TK61vn, outside at turbosetting, shining it against a wall, or something else?

Can you see far, driving with your car at night, with your low/HIGH beams turned on?

ven

Flashaholic
Can you make some pictures, of your Olight SR52vn, and your fenix TK61vn, outside at turbosetting, shining it against a wall, or something else?

Can you see far, driving with your car at night, with your low/HIGH beams turned on?

I will try but cant promise right now due to other not good issues away from lights and cars.

You do realise i am going to look a right plonker dont you :laughing::nana:

I will do what i can,when i can for you,but as waiting for a call imminent on rachs mum who is not good in hospital(80% chance of not making it),its low down right now on my list .

Reg car lights i dont know,i will be honest,as long as i can see well its good for me. Normally in UK its country roads,no street lights where hi beams are used,not around town or local basically. They appear brighter than my shoguns,but then they should,i had osram night breaker+ in and made a decent improvement over standard H4 bulbs

Now on my off road truck i had led bars,not best,but ok ones,iirc £90 for front and £50 for rear as a work light

Rear switch for work light

Front

Roof is avatar

RemcoM

Enlightened
I will try but cant promise right now due to other not good issues away from lights and cars.

You do realise i am going to look a right plonker dont you :laughing::nana:

I will do what i can,when i can for you,but as waiting for a call imminent on rachs mum who is not good in hospital(80% chance of not making it),its low down right now on my list .

Reg car lights i dont know,i will be honest,as long as i can see well its good for me. Normally in UK its country roads,no street lights where hi beams are used,not around town or local basically. They appear brighter than my shoguns,but then they should,i had osram night breaker+ in and made a decent improvement over standard H4 bulbs

Now on my off road truck i had led bars,not best,but ok ones,iirc £90 for front and £50 for rear as a work light

Rear switch for work light

Front

Roof is avatar

Are the last 4 pictures your offroadtruck, low, or highbeams?

You think, your SR52vn, outthrow them, in kcD/intensity?

And my stock Fenix TK75, with 100 kcd, also, can outthrow your offroad truck headlights?

But nice offroadcar.

ven

Flashaholic
The led lights are shallow orange peal for flood,some smooth too..........

They are designed to light up enough in front off road basically.

High beams on a car are a different kettle of fish,the tk75vn lights up above,dont forget car lights are aimed towards road(obv to avoid drivers eyes).

Flashlights have different design reflectors to aim low,wide and a good distance.

tk75vn is a beast,but so is a cars high beam!!!!

Out throw yes for sure,the sr52vn is designed to throw,could i drive with it.................probably but no where up to the task,also other drivers would be blinded ,but distance wise yes,but more so due to designed reflector of light,de-domed led,boosted too..........dont know what a cars kcd is but have a google and get back.

Totally different uses,like putting a watch on your wall instead of a clock,yeh do the job but not meant for it and not as good,might keep time better,but not as good...................

RemcoM

Enlightened
The led lights are shallow orange peal for flood,some smooth too..........

They are designed to light up enough in front off road basically.

High beams on a car are a different kettle of fish,the tk75vn lights up above,dont forget car lights are aimed towards road(obv to avoid drivers eyes).

Flashlights have different design reflectors to aim low,wide and a good distance.

tk75vn is a beast,but so is a cars high beam!!!!

Out throw yes for sure,the sr52vn is designed to throw,could i drive with it.................probably but no where up to the task,also other drivers would be blinded ,but distance wise yes,but more so due to designed reflector of light,de-domed led,boosted too..........dont know what a cars kcd is but have a google and get back.

Totally different uses,like putting a watch on your wall instead of a clock,yeh do the job but not meant for it and not as good,might keep time better,but not as good...................

What will happen, when i have a Olight SR52vn, with shining it at 250 kcD, and mount it on my bicycle, and shine it straight forward?

And drive with it?

Is that too much for other traffic?

What are your thoughts about that? Last questions,

Can i see you comming from far in the dark, when you have the SR52vn, mounted on your bicycle, at 250 kcD, and drive from far distance towards me?

So, the fourth last picture, is that the TK75vn, shining at the camera?

ven

Flashaholic
No tk75vn pics in post,they are in here

click on pic and will take you to more

sr52vn pics

Thats easy 300-400yds

Now on a bike,imagine this

Not advisable,fenix offer good bike lights fit for purpose,other than that the srmini with flood would be better

I would not see you as i would be blinded..................

kj2

Flashaholic
SR52vn on your bike :laughing: ...:fail:
Did a bike-ride yesterday, total of 1 hour, with my Fenix BC30 on the handlebar. Cycled next to a dark B-road, and had really enough with 200 lumens.
Only a small area, where I pushed it to 1200 lumens. Known area where wildlife can walk across the road ;)
Go any brighter (and without reflecting the beam down) and you WILL blind other people.

ven

Flashaholic
+1 kj2 to that,hope it showed when i shone the sr52vn at my truck:huh: pretty good chance of the driver ............well driving into you:thumbsdow

The bc30 is the light that i would use if a cyclist..........no question,its awesome and designed for that use:)

imho i dont think many flashlights are suitable unless aimed very low and used in a lower mode due to spill and are small enough...........then its holders and of course where your cycling..........if away from traffic it all changes.............but then i would still prefer more flood still,no point in seeing 400yds away when a low branch is 1m ahead...........just imo

RemcoM

Enlightened
SR52vn on your bike :laughing: ...:fail:
Did a bike-ride yesterday, total of 1 hour, with my Fenix BC30 on the handlebar. Cycled next to a dark B-road, and had really enough with 200 lumens.
Only a small area, where I pushed it to 1200 lumens. Known area where wildlife can walk across the road ;)
Go any brighter (and without reflecting the beam down) and you WILL blind other people.

Hi kj2,

How good is your olight SR52vn? I want that light so so so so much!! But how do i do that? Alot of paying taxes, and other payments.

Does it outthrow your fenix TK61?

And is your fenix BC30 blinding for me, when you are oncomming traffic for me in the dark?

I dont know exactly the reach of the beam.

I get also a olight SR52vn, in about 1 month i hope.....im really curious how that is, mounting it on my bicycle, with 250 kcD shining forward, only for once a time off course.....much brighter than the fenix BC30, i guess?

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi kj2,

How good is your olight SR52vn? I want that light so so so so much!! But how do i do that? Alot of paying taxes, and other payments.

Does it outthrow your fenix TK61?

And is your fenix BC30 blinding for me, when you are oncomming traffic for me in the dark?

I dont know exactly the reach of the beam.

I get also a olight SR52vn, in about 1 month i hope.....im really curious how that is, mounting it on my bicycle, with 250 kcD shining forward, only for once a time off course.....much brighter than the fenix BC30, i guess?

How do you do it: well simply, go to vinh sub-forum, look up the thread, and order one. Contact him how to pay. I didn't have to pay customs-fees, since it was very nice marked with a low-value ;)

It throws about the same as my TK61, maybe a tad intenser, but I can't measure it, so don't know for sure. Numbers will probably say otherwise, but can only describe what I see.

When I have my BC30 on the right angle, you won't get blinded. Of course, when pointed straight forward it will blind anyone. Have the hotspot, although it doesn't have a real hotspot, pointed about 3-5 meters in front of my bike. In the city the lowest mode is plenty enough to cycle around. Outside the city, where there aren't streetlight 200 or the following mode of 500 is enough. It has to be real dark, to need 1200 lumens mode. The BC30 cuts the beam of at the top, so it goes down instead of blinding others. IMO the only light on a bike, should be a dedicated bike-light!

Of course it will be brighter, but I wonder how you want to mount it... Body isn't thin with 3x 18650s.
Also I don't get the point of trying it... But that's me ;)