• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mag-Fire Head with Copper Sink

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag-Fire Head with Copper Sink $65 posted

Mag C head modified to fit Surefie C body, with large copper heatsink.
This was the 2nd time I made one of these, light was not completed obviously, but it is an improved version.
First build:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?371877-3XML6-Homebuild-pocket-screamer&highlight=
A Surefire bezel has been grafted into the Mag C head.
Quite a bit of work to do that.Solid Copper Mag C heatsink has had 2 extra layers of 3mm copper added.
(Arctic silver adhesive used, clamped in a big vice for 2 days)Height of sink will suit the Cree 10 degree optics I used in the first build.
Or any other optic or reflector of similar height.Heatsink is threaded on bottom so screws into the Mag Head.

Make a multi emitter light with superb heatsinking.(Copper sink very good obviously, but it makes good contact with the Mag head, a solid chunk of Al itself.

0A6Q6717_1280_zpsf0fb6125.jpg

0A6Q6718_1280_zpsb0ffaed9.jpg

0A6Q6720_1280_zps7a6c006a.jpg

0A6Q6723_1280_zps1bd157cd.jpg

Price will include shipping. Worldwide shipping will be Registered Airmail from Australia.US dollars for worldwide. Australian buyers can pay in Aus Dollars. (ie
everyone pays similar amount for goods, exchange rate means US dollars will cover extra shipping costs for worldwide shipping)
I reserve right to check destinations in case shipping costs unusually high.
Paypal only

Last edited:

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Questions were asked regards some dimensions.
The Cree XML 10 degree Optics I used are stated to be 13mm height. I measure 13.4mm with my calipers.
That made a good fit for bezel with Noctigon copper pads which are 1.5mm thick.
Driver cavity in the copper sink - I measure 7.7mm deep.
Total thickness of the copper sink is 11.2mm.

Last edited: