FOURSEVENS Mini ML XP-G Gen 2 question

BillSWPA

Enlightened
I do not own this light and have not tried it, but the voltage range listed on the FourSevens website is a maximum of 3 volts, which indicates that RCR123 will not work.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard some people try it and everything works fine if you don't run it on high for too long.

stienke

Enlightened
I've heard some people try it and everything works fine if you don't run it on high for too long.

You will destroy the 10 years warranty , these lights have no mass so heat build up fast and fry the electronics or led , I think a 3.2V recharchable is a option or buy a Quark , they can handle 4.2V and are slightly longer.

earthman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone, the RCR123 battery was indeed a mistake on Ledfiretorches website, they have now corrected that.

Shame, I really fancied one of those,.......anyone know of a torch of that exact size that will take both them batteries??

earthman

Newly Enlightened
Well I plumped for an Atom AL in the end, I'll be testing it out tonight that's for sure.:)

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
No go. The light is pushing the limits already with its size and brightness ( heat ). It's designed to last using the appropriate CR123 primary.

Really not to sure if all of what your looking for exsists. If it does it most likely won't last long. Im also curious if anyone could find something close though?

earthman

Newly Enlightened
No go. The light is pushing the limits already with its size and brightness ( heat ). It's designed to last using the appropriate CR123 primary.

Really not to sure if all of what your looking for exsists. If it does it most likely won't last long. Im also curious if anyone could find something close though?

He he, you are probably right, a lot of things I want don't exist.
I'm liking the Atom so far though.

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
These little lights can handle the higher voltage. I believe that it is the added heat generated by that higher voltage that concerns the manufacturers.
Since I purchased my 4sevens Mini in March, I have been using Nitecore RCR123's exclusively. Much brighter than with CR123 primaries. When Selfbuilt reviews one of these little 1xCR123 lights, he shows not only the output of comparable lights using CR123 primaries, but gives the output of these lights when RCR123's are used. As I use my Mini for short durations, (<5 minutes at a time) I have not had any issues with added heat.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I have the smaller 4Sevens CR2 version of this light, the MLR2, as well as the Nitecore Sensmini CR2 light, and they do fine on the 3.7V rechargeables vs. the 3.0 primaries, but I'm careful not to run them on high for too long as they do get hot.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the smaller 4Sevens CR2 version of this light, the MLR2, as well as the Nitecore Sensmini CR2 light, and they do fine on the 3.7V rechargeables vs. the 3.0 primaries, but I'm careful not to run them on high for too long as they do get hot.

I've ran my Quark ML on RCR123 and it works and yes it does get very hot so I would not advise one to use the high mode at all unless outside and in winter conditions.

the low mode is OK and the medium mode is useful as well.

another reason not to use the high mode is because the runtime is not good at all. These RCR123s have relatively tiny capacity.