Melbourne Australia next get together - Nov/Dec?

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, its been a while since the last get together, just wondering who's keen for another catchup?

Perhaps we could head out Gippsland way close to Norm for an overnight trip, im happy to go where ever suits.

Travis.

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
If you guys come up with a date and it fits my calendar I would like to make the trip over from SA.
Never got enough interest to make a SA get together work.

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened
Any more interest guys?

First sth or second weekend in Dec would be my pick however if it would suit more of you guys perhaps we can think about catching up early in the new year, Jan-Feb?

travis.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should be OK to attend almost any Saturday nights. Perhaps OP should propose a date and location before people can confirm their attendance.

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, happy to let the group decide what/where/when.. I was just keen to catchup again as its been a while.

As Norm cannot come to us so to speak i thought we could head down his way but i have no idea regarding potential locations out there.

Norm, any idea for a location near you - or can you give us an idea how far from home you think you might be able to travel?

Travis.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Last time the Melbourne group got together down here I was able to get the caretaker to open Lardner Park for a few hours, if that's not available to us I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find an alternative.

We used to often start at a restaurant for tea, Chinese was always popular. But there's plenty of other choices, pizza or whatever you want. Not sure what you all think.

Norm

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can have that conversation with the park caretaker, Norm, and see if it's a goer we can have another crack at setting a date. A meal at a restaurant sounds like a plan - we haven't had a sitdown meal at a meet since Launching Place.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I won't be be able to make it that soon unfortunately, but I plan on seeing Norm in early March on our trip to New Zealand and southern Australia. I have four friends I hope to see in Oz who I haven't see in many years.

Hi guys, its been a while since the last get together, just wondering who's keen for another catchup?

Perhaps we could head out Gippsland way close to Norm for an overnight trip, im happy to go where ever suits.

Travis.

Last edited:

quokked

Enlightened
Just giving this thread a kick along.

I haven't been in the forums for a while, what's news? :)

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, most importantly Alonso has gone back to McLaren, Vettel left Redbull for Ferrari. Beth got killed off in The Walking Dead....unbelievable!

Just giving this thread a kick along.

I haven't been in the forums for a while, what's news? :)

Last edited:

bdogps

Enlightened
Whoa, that sounds awesome. I did not know this was happening and I only live 30 mins from Melbourne. Norm I was in Gippsland last week in Venus Bay trying out my torches.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Venus Bay is south Gippsland, quite a long way from me. Nice place, when I was a kid I spent every Queens Birthday surf fishing at Venus Bay, there used to be a fishing competition held there every year, I won the junior competition one year and still have the Big Jim spotlight I won :)

Norm