Need a quick answer for a simple Q - Wrapper on enloop.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Got four AA Eneloop's = XXX Version. The "wraper" has got some very small split's / chips in it, (The underlying case is fine) its just the vinyl wrap that is slightly damaged, is it ok to use these battery still (D40Avn) they wont short or something? Its just from when I remove and insert the cells into the light. I see some people take the wrapper off entirely for bare cell so it should be fine right? Its just decorative? Want to use these to test my upgraded (Now a VN) light but just noticed this boo!! Also don't want to throw away cells with less than ten cycles on them.

markr6

Flashaholic
My Comcast remote doesn't give them up easy, so I have several pairs chewed up by them. The entire bottom portion is torn or ripped off. They look like crap but still work fine.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Okdoky, I think it will be fine then, randoms rave on the first post though XD, but true XX eneloops rock, wrappers just seems a bit brittle IMO.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be concerned if this was a Li-Ion and especially a protected one but I don't see a problem with an eneloop...

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
If you want to be sure, post a picture of the cells. It also depends on the device the cells will be used in: if it has bare, conductive walls, it may be a problem, but if it has plastic or anodized walls, the risk is usually minimal.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Very small, I dont think they would make contact but it is anodized anyway, I think Ill be good. =)

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my Eneloops have the wrapper at the negative side coming loose. Is there glue or something i can use to mend this with? I don't mind the nicks on some of them but part of the wrapper is broken/loose and was hoping to get that repaired.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for info, the bare-metal side wall of the cell will be part of the negative terminal. If there's a risk of the device you're using it in shorts the wall with the positive terminal, then it could be a problem. Usually, that's not the case. If your battery tube is bare metal, it's possible your light will just switch on when you install the battery, by-passing your switch.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello MidnightDistortions,

Sorry, that may not work. You need to go to the store and pick up the color of your choice. While paying for it you can bumble all kinds of excuses about how you intend to use it and everyone around you will smile. It's a battery repair rite of passage... :devil:

As Kreisl pointed out be sure to try it a little at a time to make sure you don't damage either the wrapper or the glue that holds it together. If you do damage it you can develop your own color scheme and remove the cover and just paint the whole battery with nail polish. If you are creative you can actually incorporate a design. If your really good you can sign it and offer it up as art...

Tom

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
scnr;

picdump-1392-10qksp0.jpg

:crackup:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to keep a bottle of clear fingernail polish at all times to cover chigger bite sites, it will kill the chiggers by shutting off its contact with air. The itch ceases rather quickly.

Latest posts