Recommend me a led flashlight that takes AA batteries

Gto19

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a nice flashlight that runs on AA batteries .it seems I have a unlimited supply if AA batteries.the flashlight will be for camping and dog walks etc.

thanks guys:)

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there,not knowing what size light or how many cells i will suggest
SunWayMan d40a
nitecore ea41
fenix e41

All are compact 4xAA but a better choice would be the use of eneloops in high output lights,certainly cheaper long term but hold charge,better performance and no risks of leaks too.
:)

Size wise is a pic of the ea4 for a rough idea as lights mentioned are of a similar size

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with the lights ven has mentioned, 4xAA lights would be a good choice if you have an unlimited supply of AA batteries.

MMD

Enlightened
I like the Zebralight SC52w or the angled variant H52w. It will take any AA you throw in it. I like to run lithium primary or rechargeable but this is a good candidate for alkaline cells. The circuitry is sealed from the battery tube so if you ever had a leaker the damage wouldn't likely take out the light.

cjmorris

Enlightened
From cheapest to best, l3 illumination l10c, eagletac d25a, malkoff mdc aa. All good lights but you get what you pay for.

ven

Flashaholic
There are many good single AA lights,but imho better for EDC or back up due to potential output and run times,walking the dog would soon see off a single AA cell if away from a built up area(woods/forests/anywhere open) where there is no light pollution and camping too..

Just my opinion:)

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
You state your supply of AA cells seems infinite. If you're talking about alkaline cells, the usual warning is necessary: alkaline cells tend to leak, especially under high loads. Most of the flashlights mentioned above will draw significant current, and when (not if) the cells do leak, they tend to take the device they're in down with them. Best to avoid alkalines in high-drain devices such as flashlights if at all possible and go with quality rechargeable cells like Eneloops or "Duraloops" instead. A more affordable yet very decent alternative is the IKEA Ladda (both the charger and cells are extremely good value).
Lithium primaries perform best in cold conditions, but are pricey.

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking for a single cell light or multiple? Floody or throwy? Do you want a stock light or are you willing to get a modded light? Provide more detail on what you're looking for and we can provide more suggestions. I know Ven has more AA lights he can recommend.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
+2

On what VEN & oktosite said.

Lithium AA all the way, if you have to go Alkaline, new ones with a 1 cell light. IMO Preferably Duracells, check them monthly.

ven

Flashaholic
Single cell,depends on modes,i still think the thrunite T10 series offer excellent value for money,3 mode clicky,can change modes via head twists,review of the T10s(stainless version) here
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...inless-Steel)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO

3 flavours,T10 alloy,T10s(stainless) T10t ti (no specific order)

Swapped clips thanks to shelms recommendation(actual nitecore clips,bit longer)

Then there are many more,the d25a is a great light too
Far right is the d25a.........10180 cell/spacer and holder/dgq fairy/dgq spy/d25c ti/d25a ti

There is the v11r too,will eat AA/14500 with extension,also 123 and 16340 without so lots of flexibility there for fuel.Also infinite control for output with froward clicky/momentary.

Will leave it for that now until we know further,least you get an idea of certain single cell AA lights:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
^^^^^^^ Those Thrunites aren't bad looking. Hows the build quality?

For the money imo very good mr chump,i can recommend them,the cheapest is the T10 alloy,but i prefer the stainless and ti versions due to not showing age related wear or scratches,in short they look like new still.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the money imo very good mr chump,i can recommend them,the cheapest is the T10 alloy,but i prefer the stainless and ti versions due to not showing age related wear or scratches,in short they look like new still.

Interesting. Thank you for your input. I'll check them out a bit more.

(off topic / when I read "chump" I got instantly angry. I am not a smart man. )
:ohgeez:

ven

Flashaholic
Interesting. Thank you for your input. I'll check them out a bit more.

(off topic / when I read "chump" I got instantly angry. I am not a smart man. )
:ohgeez:

When i read your comment it made me smile(thank you)

Any time i can help i will,just ask:thumbsup:

Best regards ven

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back on topic. I like the Thrunite T10 lights. I also like the L3 Illumination L10 nights. AA, XP-G2 or Nichia 219, and 4 or 3 modes. Good value lights.

MicroE

Enlightened
Thank you for your suggestions. If I were to ask for a AA light with 800+ lumens with multiple light levels using primary lithium, which would be your top choice for a light that is easily available?