Good Quality 17670 battery for E2E?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I know that a protected AW 17670 will not fit in my e2e. I ruined a battery trying. I also know the light blue 2200 mAh Trustfire does fit easily. If also fits all my quarks. The thing is I do not feel safe using trustfire batteries. I do not even know if this trustfire battery is protected or not. Can someone recommend a QUALITY 17670 that WILL fit quarks and e2e? I would prefer protected battery but will settle for QUALITY unprotected battery that fits easily like the trustfire does.

BTW, do you think I am wrong to fear using the trustfire?

Thanks!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Do you know who makes them? I've had no problems with Trustfire either but I have read some say not to trust anything but panasonic and aw.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just went with a botton top 16650 recently to try in an e2e. Incan is great at night I just find it easier on the eyes than even a low LED light often. Although it does not have a lot of watt hours it's OK I can recharge it a little more often as I'm just using it a little bit each day. The cell is the exact size of 2 CR123a so eveything fits perfect. The old Surefires just are great lights, I just have to be sure that I don't over discharge the cell. I've not tested the capacity of the efest 2200mAh cell yet, I will use it a few times first and then give it a test.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Actually I prefer 2 x cr123a with incandescent but with 1.5 amp (or more) led drop in tower I think li ion is safer. The trustfire works fine but I want a brand known to be safer. Too bad aw doesn't make an imr 17670. It would be narrower than the protected model. Is your efest protected? Do you know who makes the cell in efest?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two protected Redilast 17670s which use the Sanyo 16650 cells inside. They fit my 6P LED perfectly, but their PCBs are being etched in a circle by the tailcap spring. Otherwise, things are peachy.

Chris

recDNA

Flashaholic
How can you tell pcb being etched? Isn't that inside the battery? Who carries redilast? Thanks.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can you tell pcb being etched? Isn't that inside the battery? Who carries redilast? Thanks.

The PCB is the negative contact point on a protected cell. As I screw down my 6P tailcap, the tip of the spring, which could filed down a bit and then be protected with a dollop of solder, starts etching a circle into the metal.

It's not uncommon for tight fitting lights, to do this, but it's fairly well pronounced in my case.

Redilast is EDC+:

http://edcplus.com/redilast-p176702000-2000mah-17670-p-184.html

Redilast was one of the Big Three battery rebranders along with CalliesKustom and AW.

Chris

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it dangerous in any way?

Nah...I don't think that it would drill through the metal plate on the PCB, but look what water does to hard rocks, given enough time.

Anyhow, I don't use the light all that much, but I did add the Redilast 3 mode XM-L2 U2 P60 drop-in module to it for $40 and it's now a mildly decent light, lol.

I'm not a huge SF fan, but I bought the new 6P LED for $37 and dropped $75 into, lol.

Chris

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keeppower 16650s, 2000 mAh will fit any Surefire I have, including the LX2(wont fit 17670) and E2e. Excellent runtimes on the LX2, like using primaries in capacity but rechargeable for economy.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they a reliable brand? Where do u get them?

The best cell in that category is the Sanyo naked 16650 2200mAh cell. When you add a protection circuit (PCB) it gets stretched out to a 17670 sized cell.

The basic cell is still the Sanyo 16650 base cell, made in Japan, unless you're using a Chinese based cell.

Whether the Keeppower 17670 fits, or the Redilast fits, is dependent upon your particular light.

Both are probably very close in dimensions.

Chris