Just got my SR52...

Stol3n

Newly Enlightened
I received my SR52 and brand new Olight 3400mah batteries today and I must say that I'm impressed with both. Of course I did what any flashlight nut would do and rip open the package, double check the voltage of all cells (which all were 3.65v out of the package), and slap them in the SR52 to be charged. I wanted to charge the cells this way to test the charging function and speed. The light goes green so I pull them out to double check and all are coming out at 4.23v. I read where others have stated their cells were charging to 4.19v in the SR52, which brings me to this. Should I let it be or would you send it back and hope for one that terminates a bit lower, somewhere around 4.19v or slightly below.

To those who have the SR52, what are your cells terminating at?

Thanks,

liveris flashlights

Newly Enlightened
You have NO problem at all, keep your cells. If you measure the voltage with mine multimeter may see 4.19V and with someone's else meter 4.21V. You have NO problem with 0.01-0.03V more or less.

Stol3n

Newly Enlightened
You have NO problem at all, keep your cells. If you measure the voltage with mine multimeter may see 4.19V and with someone's else meter 4.21V. You have NO problem with 0.01-0.03V more or less.

While I understand that each meter and 18650 may read different, in the past I have consistently measured the same 18650's coming off of my Xtar charger at 4.19-4.20v. To eliminate the probability of it being the batteries I charged the Olight 3400mah 18650's and my previous 18650's in the SR52 and they are both coming out at 4.23v. My previous 18650's have always came off of my Xtar around 4.19-4.20v, this is how I know the SR52 is terminating a bit higher.

Curious to see if anyone else is seeing this trend.

ven

Flashaholic
Have you left for 10mins or longer after charging to allow to settle as could be higher straight off charge.

Usually chargers are + or - 0.05v iirc so it is within spec still..............just a thought and i am no expert and stand to be corrected........

Norm

Retired Administrator
Usually chargers are + or - 0.05v iirc so it is within spec still..............just a thought and i am no expert and stand to be corrected........
The condition and age of the cell will also influence the resting Voltage.

Norm

Stol3n

Newly Enlightened
Have you left for 10mins or longer after charging to allow to settle as could be higher straight off charge.

I believe you're correct on that ±, but I did in fact let the batteries rest for almost 3hrs before re-checking and still got between 4.22-4.23.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I believe you're correct on that ±, but I did in fact let the batteries rest for almost 3hrs before re-checking and still got between 4.22-4.23.
How accurate is your meter? Most won't be accurate enough for that figure to be meaningful.

Norm

Stol3n

Newly Enlightened
How accurate is your meter? Most won't be accurate enough for that figure to be meaningful.

Norm

The meter itself is just a cheap meter that I bought locally. It's probably not dead on but the thing that has me scratching my head is these same batteries have always terminated and came to a rest at 4.19-4.20 with the Xtar. Same batteries are coming off and resting at 4.23 from the SR52. I can't be sure how accurate my meter is but the difference between the charging systems is consistent with all batteries I've tested. I've tried various batteries in the Xtar (all end up at 4.19), then tried the same batteries in my SR52 (all end up at 4.23).

ven

Flashaholic
I would not be over concerned tbh..............

My wp6 charger often come off and settle at 4.21/4.22........... Instead of 500 cycles,you may get 480.........my point i guess is you would not be able to tell in the years of use,in that time they will be replaced anyway as with any cell,over time they hold less charge due to resistance building up inside.

Think of the slightly extra run time:)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a nitcore i4 charger and get 4.26v when i pull it off the charger. i used efest 35a 2500mah batteries. im using a cheapy multimeter so that might be why but thats quit high.

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Just received my SR52 today and thought I would report my battery voltage findings. I installed Nitecore 3400mah batteries that are almost new, voltage tested at 4.11v (using a Fluke DMM) when I installed them. After a few hours the green indicator came on and they probably rested around 30minutes. All three tested at 4.17v, I was tickled at that voltage and not complaining for sure. Other than that the light is fantastic, nice tight beam and very well constructed. Only (small) grip I could find is the holster seems kind of cheesy but still very usable. That's my report and sorry to be so long winded.

Last edited: