What is your "kitchen drawer" light?

awyeah

Enlightened
I'm looking for ideas of what's best to put in the kitchen drawer - this is a utility light. You might grab it to look for something behind the couch. Use it in a power outage. Take it outside when you take the dog out at night. You get the idea. General-purpose.

Any budget, any battery type - I just want to know: What is YOUR kitchen drawer light?

Bob Damon

Enlightened
A five year old Dorcy, about 150 lumens. Made of thick aluminum, running on 3 AAA batteries, with a clicky tailcap.
It has always worked, and gets used at least once a week.

chazz

Enlightened
Rayovac Indestructible 2xAA

Cheap enough to beat around and not care
Durable and bright enough to be useful
2 mode, decent runtimes
Tail stands
Anti roll features

onetrickpony

Enlightened
I don't have one, I try but the kids always grab em. I keep a light in my pocket 24/7, often two.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typically for the kitchen drawer, I have a light that I don't care if it gets damaged. So its usually one of my less expensive lights. Right now I have a Fenix E12 with a wrist strap so it doesn't roll off a table. That light normally wouldn't be there but since my daughter dropped it and scratched it up, its now relegated to the utility drawer.

Since we're talking home, I find I grab a Terralux LS80 (2xAAA) light most of the time when doing something where the risk is that could be dropped or bumped (ie: working on a car, etc) because its a cheap light, simple to operate and it wouldn't be the end of the world if it were lost or broken.

Last edited:

MoBait

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD20. It was my old hunting flashlight and its reliability has been proven. Keep her loaded with a pair of Eneloop Pros.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good thread especially as i love big shed bargain lights.My kitchen drawer light is a double c cell own label from Tesco now running on AA via adaptors as i am far to tight to buy outdated c and d cell when nothing else here uses them.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fraz QTC. But with a twist, it can do anything and anyone can use it. Crazy 26650 run times! Built like a tank!

EDIT: Just make sure you teach everyone how to make sure they turned it 100% off!