Red Light on a Streamlight charger

maxilux

Enlightened
Hello again, i know i get no friend s with my last posting, but i have an other question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
The Charger/Holder from a Streamlight Stinger has an red LED,when i put the Flashlight in it the red Light is burning.
At older series the light goes out when it is charged full, now the light burns all the time.
What is the the real funktion ?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
papa said:
Hello again, i know i get no friend s with my last posting, but i have an other question. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
The Charger/Holder from a Streamlight Stinger has an red LED,when i put the Flashlight in it the red Light is burning.
At older series the light goes out when it is charged full, now the light burns all the time.
What is the the real funktion ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your charger is ok, mine does the same thing. When in the charging cradle even after the Stinger is charged it will automatically go into a trickle charge mode thus maintaining the torch in an always full charge status. This is why Streamlight recommends that when the Stinger is not in use to place it back in the Charging cradle...

See this Link, it should answer a lot of your questions about the Streamlight Stinger and other products...

http://www.streamlight.com/instructions.htm

Dave

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
My UltraStinger charging cradle blinks slowly once it's fully charged.

[/ QUOTE ] Never noticed that. I wish SL would incorporate this feature in all their rechargables cradles.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
SL fast chargers will blink when the fast-charging cycle is complete.

On the slow chargers, the LED will stay on, regardless if the battery is finished, or not. I've never heard of a SL slow charger that blinks or turns-off when charging is complete.

--dan

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
SL fast chargers will blink when the fast-charging cycle is complete.

On the slow chargers, the LED will stay on, regardless if the battery is finished, or not. I've never heard of a SL slow charger that blinks or turns-off when charging is complete.

--dan

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct Dano! I guess the folks don't have the time to look at the link I posted in my above post. It goes into depth on the charging methods for the entire line of Streamlight Rechargeables!

Dave

maxilux

Enlightened
Thanks for answers and the link

I have read this, but i have not understand it right, because my English is not so good as yours, but i will work for this.