New To Eneloop: AA size 2 Battery Charger?

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm new to the Eneloop, as I've been on Lithium's since weening myself off of Alk some time ago.

Is there a AA size 2 Battery Charger? I'm looking for very compact, small charger. I see plenty of 4 battery chargers...

Does the CPF have a preferred dealer for batteries?

Should I make sure to purchase the 2014 batteries or is any year reliable, as long as it's OEM? Sanyo or Panasonic?

Is anyone running a Solar Eneloop setup?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends where you live.In the UK 7dayshop.com are hard to beat when they have offers on.The new modern chargers are not much bigger than the 2 cell units and to be honest the demand for a 2 cell is pretty much over.

There are other makes worth buying other than Eneloop,personally i like the Panasonic Evolta range and Duracell.Buy what you like they are all much the same.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PRO version is of higher capacity in terms of mAh. This is more expensive of course.

Has anyone done testing to confirm this statement posted on Wikipedia:

The new version of the Eneloop Pro now holds its charge up to 90% after one year like regular Eneloops. The battery was rebranded like the normal and lite variants in April 2013 and now has the model numbers BK-3HCC and BK-4HCC for the AA and AAA models.

The packaging itself states:

Maintain 85% of their charge up to 1 year (when not in use)