XeVISION XV-LX70 Unboxing

caseyse

Newly Enlightened
I received my XeVISION XV-LX70 yesterday – Thank you Dan! I also purchased a spare battery and two spare bulbs.

LX70.1.gif

The light with its dual o-ring is beautiful and built like a tank. The battery pack is 8500 mAh, CNC anodized, with gold contacts. The light and charger also have gold contacts, so there won't be any oxidation corrosion caused by the mixing of metals. The charger and battery contacts are very large and look like they will hold up for a lifetime.

LX70.2.gif

Both the case and light come with optional shoulder straps (dual Velcro mounts for the light).

LX70.3.gif

The light isn't as heavy as I imagined, and with the optional handle, it feels well balanced in my hand.

I am very impressed with the design and finish, both top notch. Although expensive, I can see value for the money spent.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
There is no need to quote the OP in its entirety - Norm

Your pictures have not showe up

Last edited by a moderator:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pictures work fine for me !! Numerous times I viewed them, including right now.
They load quickly and I was able to see them right away, when you initially posted them.
Good "un-boxing" photos.

caseyse

Newly Enlightened
I did install a new kernel on the server this afternoon requiring a reboot. I suspect you visited the thread during this short process.

The LX70 is a fantastic light with excellent throw, and the ability for me to take it diving is a big added benefit. I have two clients (who like toys) interested in my bringing it to work to demo.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note: There is no time or thermal limit on the high setting 7500 lumens (70 watts) on the XV-LX70.
The only limit is the size and number of batteries you have, as for run time at 7500 lumens (70 watts).
Also, the unit does not need to throttle the power (reduced output) to control heat.
The unit was designed to operate at 70 watts continuously, and properly manage the heat dissipation by design.
Note: the VERY significant surface area of the heat sink fins are more than adequate to accomplish this task, in fact it was "over engineered" in that respect.
The unit will never get too hot to handle, even after extended usage at the 70 watt, 7500 lumens high setting.
Only the glass lens is a potential burn hazard, it gets very hot.

RemcoM

Enlightened
There is no need to quote the OP in its entirety - Norm

I want a light, that has more intensity/throw/KcD than the HIGHbeam, of a carheadlight,

Can the XeVISION XV-LX70, do this job? What is the CD/KcD, intensity of this spotlight? How far does it reach?

Is this Halogen, LED, or HID? I think, my Fenix TK61, and my Nitecore TM36, can sure win of a highbeam of a car, but not tested yet, not 100 percent sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a light, that has more intensity/throw/KcD than the HIGHbeam, of a carheadlight,

Can the XeVISION XV-LX70, do this job? What is the CD/KcD, intensity of this spotlight? How far does it reach?

Is this Halogen, LED, or HID? I think, my Fenix TK61, and my Nitecore TM36, can sure win of a highbeam of a car, but not tested yet, not 100 percent sure.

A car headlight beam (highbeam) is a candle by comparison to this searchlight. A typical car headlight highbeam is not very well columated or even very bright (lumens).
A typical halogen Headlight (1 bulb/lamp) is only maybe about 1000 lumens to maybe 1500 lumens I believe. I am sure someone here can give a more experienced comment to this.
A factory (stock) car headlight (1 bulb/lamp) with HID using a projector style headlight, the best kind of Headlight for HID, the bulb is producing about 3200 lumens (35 watts).

This HID light produces a usable beam that will effectively project more than 1 mile, you need binoculars or a 'scope' in order to identify anything smaller like animals or people at those distances.
Look at the reviews by "BVH" and "Patriot" in another thread here. They did beam shots etc.
This link will get you to the beginning of the reviews conversation, photos and Youtube videos:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...olarion-PH50&p=4333959&viewfull=1#post4333959

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics, this light sure looks like a tank as far as build quaility goes.

We even have a video of the unit being driven over by a car and thrown. Only some scratching of the anodizing is evident, no other damage, not even the heatsink fins are bent.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
We even have a video of the unit being driven over by a car and thrown. Only some scratching of the anodizing is evident, no other damage, not even the heatsink fins are bent.

That is impressive. You guys do a great job of working all the details out BEFORE releasing a product. That is a big kudos to you. Your lights are clearly made for serious use and I appreciate quality and attention to detail. Keep up the good work. :)

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
just way to big!

Similar in weight and size, to all Premium Grade (mil. spec) HID lights, of 40 bulb watts and higher.
This light produces 42%, more light than its nearest competitor(s), ~7500 bulb lumens.
The highest of those others is 50 watts (5300 lumens), this light is 70 watts on the high setting.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
What was the final price after spare battery, 2 spare bulbs, and tax? Do you scuba dive with it?

He does scuba dive with it, it has double O-ring protection at the battery junction (mating) for optimal waterproofing. The spare bulbs should not be necessary and at most 1 spare not 2.
No sales tax was collected, we are in Utah, he in California. Pricing is on the website, but does not include the spare battery, but the spare bulb price is shown.

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha yes the bulb price is right there that was a very lazy question of me, i swear i think about selling all my lights other than an EDC and just buying this one...a monster flood & a monster throw light in one, which is not possible in an LED

Onestep

Newly Enlightened
He does scuba dive with it, it has double O-ring protection at the battery junction (mating) for optimal waterproofing. The spare bulbs should not be necessary and at most 1 spare not 2.
No sales tax was collected, we are in Utah, he in California. Pricing is on the website, but does not include the spare battery, but the spare bulb price is shown.
I think it would be quite difficult to do a proper bulb change while scuba diving?.?.?.? :)