Nanight Tech anyone?

maxomolo

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for an affordable canister dive light, having read horror stories about flooded Archons and their stolen designs I'm a bit hesitated about them (also their lumen claims don't seem to honest).

What I have found out so far:

Nanight Tech 3000 lumen ($359 USD)
http://store.nanight.se/collections/dive-lights/products/nanox-tech-3000-lm-6800-mah-li-ion

Finnsub Finnlight 750 lumen ($589 USD)
http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/finnsub-finn-light-long-750-black-ring/654359/p

Mangrove Ledsystem TS-6 1500 lumen ($599 USD)
http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/mangrove-ledsystem-ts-6/641020/p

Has anyone tested these, or have any more dive lights to add to my list?

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice looking and cheap. whats the catch?

It's made by an unidentified manufacturer.

That alone should be enough to tell you that there was little attention paid to high quality, durability, accurate specifications, or customer satisfaction. If it isn't a knock-off, it's an adaptation of a knock-off, which is even worse. They didn't even have the pride to put a name like Archon or MagicShine on it, or even (your_favorite_word)fire. That suggests to me that they aren't even hoping that it will be well-received enough to reflect well on their next product.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

There are several "manufactures" selling that light or a knock off of it.

I have one here. Its worth the price.... But then so are many can lights that cost 5 times more.

papa3

Newly Enlightened

That alone should be enough to tell you that there was little attention paid to high quality, durability, accurate specifications, or customer satisfaction. If it isn't a knock-off, it's an adaptation of a knock-off, which is even worse. They didn't even have the pride to put a name like Archon or MagicShine on it, or even (your_favorite_word)fire. That suggests to me that they aren't even hoping that it will be well-received enough to reflect well on their next product.

I bought the handheld Nanight directly form the manufacturer and my mate bought both the canister and the handheld. The lights have been superb thus far, my own has been on 30 or so dives to a maximum 35m to date. The torch feels well made, the battery life is excellent and the light and throw incredible. I bought plenty of cheap (£20-30) lights which constantly failed before purchasing the Nanight and am thus far delighted.

As for knock off designs I can't comment, ours were bought online from the guy who makes them. When my mate spoke to the manufacturer before purchasing they seemed very genuine and developed the light to fill a gap in the market, a decent, working and affordable light!

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought the handheld Nanight directly form the manufacturer and my mate bought both the canister and the handheld. The lights have been superb thus far, my own has been on 30 or so dives to a maximum 35m to date. The torch feels well made, the battery life is excellent and the light and throw incredible. I bought plenty of cheap (£20-30) lights which constantly failed before purchasing the Nanight and am thus far delighted.

As for knock off designs I can't comment, ours were bought online from the guy who makes them. When my mate spoke to the manufacturer before purchasing they seemed very genuine and developed the light to fill a gap in the market, a decent, working and affordable light!

We kind of hijacked the thread. My comments were about the lightmalls light, not the Nanight.