Surefire 9n

stew

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know what a complete bezel assembly with the holographic lens for a surefire 9n might be worth?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

The R90 (9N bezel with N90 Lamp Assembly) is a hard to come by part in that it isn't listed on the internet that much.

The R95 (9AN bezel with N90 Lamp Assembly) must be about $100 at a guess.

The "holographic lens" is what SureFire call their BeamShaper. The BeamShaper for the 9N is the F34 (about $20)
Looks much like this:
f24lrg.jpg

The lens is frosted so that it gives a very even light for close range illumination (for paperwork etc)
Of course the FM14 BeamShaper also works on the 9N as well as the 9AN and M3 bezels. I prefer the FM to the F personally.

A thought just came to me(!)
If the 9N bezel has it's own frosted lens rather than a clear lens in much the same way as the F21 Bezel, then I do not know the part code for it and in fact I have never heard of such a thing. It's value to a collector could be quite a lot.

It would be useful to know some more details of the part you have.

Thanks!

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Screws on?

What is the size of the 9N bezel you have?
If the BeamFilter screws on then it must be an F40 on a T3.

If you have a 3" diameter TurboHead for the 9N (called the T3) then it is worth more than the R90. If you have an F40 then that is significantly more rare (I don't have one!)

Al

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I remember, there was an option for a 9N head that had an integrated frosted lens. I have a similar animal for the 6-series lights (but I think that was intended for weaponlights).

--dan

Size15's

Flashaholic
The F21 is a "Classic" Standard body bezel with a BeamShaper Lens. I believe it was more common to have one that was an IR lens (don't know the F number for it though)

stew

Newly Enlightened
I have all the papers, I have to go dig it out of my storage, I'll find the part numbers.

stew

Newly Enlightened
Ok I found it. It's the R90 lamp/reflector assembly with the F31 wide angle beamshaper. The model F31 wide angle beamshaper consists of an optical disk mounted in a 9N flashlight bezel.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks Stew!

9N Bezel with BeamShaper lens... F31 makes sense...
(F21 for the standard body)

Learn something new about SureFire every day.

I guess the F31 would be worth something just because of it's rarity. No idea what though.

Al