Need help fixing a couple Fenix lights

Miamitj

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

Ive been lurking this forum forever but the time has come to post. I have three older fenix lights that have died. I know two are tailcap issues.

PD30r4 - Tailcap
PD30r5 - prob tailcap
PD31r5 - Tailcap

Ive searched around so it seems like replacing the switch is the solution but I am not sure what the correct item I should be looking for is. Can you huys help out?

Thanks,

MoBait

Newly Enlightened
If you haven't already, try tightening the tailcap assembly. I believe it is reverse threaded. If that doesn't work, contact Fenix's warranty department and tell them you need some tailcaps.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Toss them in the bin and buy new if you have tried the usual of cleaning contacts etc,you could try Fenix but!

välineurheilija

Enlightened
Take the tailcap off and connect the battery and the flashlight body with something to rule out a problem with the head after that tighten the switch retaining ring like MoBait said that is usually the problem.

ven

Flashaholic
:welcome: as above with tail caps and bridging,out of interest have you tried different cells or are you using the one...........just to rule out:thumbsup:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too many failing switches on too many lights: as other posters have said the retaining rings are probably just loose! : )