any new lights worth checking out for 2014/2015?

Newly Enlightened
hey guys I was curious if there are lights that just came out or will be coming out that will be a worth to consider?

utlgoa

Enlightened
The new Led Lenser F1R looks like the flashlight to beat in 2015 if price is not an option.

Last edited:

utlgoa

Enlightened
The F1R will start selling in the U.S. in the next month or so, for approximately $125.00 including the battery and charger.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Check olights/fenix and nitecore,also eagletac too for starters.............:thumbsup:

Some good lights so far,up to now the sr52 is a cracker imho.

Have a look at their catalogues and check the review section out.

I think the NiWalker mm18 that is due out at some point looks very:cool:

Depends on what floats your boat tbh,flood or throw,tint,fuel etc,lots to choose and armytek have not released their grizly yet:confused:

Acebeam seem to be on a roll too..........

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been out of lights for a while, but for a couple months now been looking at what's come out that is interesting. Here's is my list of lights you might find interesting (or NOT) that are fairly new.

1. Surefire Y300
  2. Surefire E1D LED Defender
  3. Mako II HO
  4. Spinner
  5. Zebralight SC62w
  6. Fenix BC30 Bike Light
  7. Sunwayman Dream

This is not an endoresment of any of these, but I own 3 on the list and I'm considering another 3.

cjmorris

Enlightened
Led lenser..... I will pass. The F1R doesn't even come close to the top 50 lights I am interested in buying next year. Lumens aren't everything. Hopefully we see some new offerings from malkoff. Nitecore has continued to make cool new lights. Malkoff, Armytek, Eagletac and maybe nitecore are most likely to get my money in 2015.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
The new Led Lenser F1R looks like the flashlight to beat in 2015 if price is not an option.
Wait, since when is anything LED Lenser something "to beat"? Not exactly a high-end reputation; what did I miss?

Heh, I clicked this thread to comment the same thing, plus maybe a ";)". Truth be told, this is of course an entirely subjective manner: are there any good phones coming out next year? Any good cars? To give a blanket statement without a more specific question seems entirely unnecessary.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the E1DL has a couple of big things going for it. Black HA single cell knurled body (hasn't been available since the E1E-BK). 300 lumen output which is 33% more than its cousin, the EB1.

If I didn't already have a E1B, I'd be giving the E1D some thought.

utlgoa

Enlightened
Regarding the "Haters" for Led Lenser. Other manufactures can't compete because Led Lenser has more options and better quality Led's

Reasons to buy the F1R:

Programable
Regulated
Highest quality LED's
Five year warranty
Lens to concentrate light beam

More than an LED and a O.P. Reflector

American owned thanks to Leatherman

I never thought I would see the day when someone would "diss" Led Lenser by saying "lumens aren't everything"

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

floridaBMW

Newly Enlightened
1st real post outside of the intro. Recently picked up the E1D and it performs as described. Bezel crenellations aren't tough on my pocket as they angled the teeth in. I like the (1) 123 aspect and the dual output mode. My needs were for a "tactical" light with a low mode and the E1D fit the bill. If I had a complaint, not really one but the frame around the tail switch. It takes a bit getting used to. I've trained myself to grab and hold the light for fast button depress. Overall a very nice package and thanks for having me folks.

Ken

IMG_0226_zps4886b376.jpg

Not the best at estimating, been a while since the service. The building is approx 100 meters.
FullSizeRender_zps0cda3942.jpg

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have a look at the new ThruNite Neutron 2A V2 - it's the first small pocket rocket EDC 1xNiMh that will out power pretty much the entire sub-3V class (ie, 1AA, 2AA, and 1CR123), with good regulation, even as the battery is dying. With 1xIMR14500 (which it fully supports, retaining all lower modes) output nearly doubles (as usual), also out throwing every class above on sheer power, and even give the 2xCR123/18650 class a run for its money.

markr6

Flashaholic

LOL!! I'm actually bored, and have been for some time. I think there are two reasons for me:

1. SC62w - wow, this thing really killed the need for me to look for anything else

2. Too many lights are just getting...how to say it...goofy? Gimmicky? It's almost like the manufacturers are also bored and out of ideas, so whatever they throw at the wall sticks. Maybe something big, yet practical, will come to light in the near future.

The Zebralight SC32 will come out soon (maybe). Looks like a nice compact light, but I don't like CR123 cells.

utlgoa

Enlightened
Pick me up off the floor with the laughter,a well overpriced light best suited to eye candy to buy there partners.

The above is an example of a Led Lenser "Hater"

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
This isn't a general knowledge or discussion forum. This is dedicated to offering solutions to problems people post.
You're right. I should know better than to feed the flames. But the original poster asked a very open question, and I was truly hoping to see why the F1R might fit the question. Who knows why utlgoa got so defensive.