• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *CLOSED* Looking for Two Hosts Both With G4 Bi-Pin Socket and LOW Resistance...

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
*CLOSED*

I am looking for two hosts

Host One

I am looking for a host such as a 4D Maglite or other 3x32650 configuration with low resistance switch,
low resistance G4 bi-pin socket, and MOP aluminum reflector.

After exploring many different custom solutions over several years, I keep coming back to the fact
that G4 bi-pin bulbs are cheap and plentiful and allow for many configurations.

I've wanted to build a three cell 32650 LiFePO4 incan for a long time and just need the host.

Gonna pop a JC5607 in there for fun lumens!

Please post here or email me with what you have.

Host Two

I am looking for a "C" size Maglite, also with low resistance bi-pin socket and low resistance switch,
which can fit two protected 26650 cells in series. This will likely be a cut-down 3C Maglite with no "C"
in the serial number. It should also have a MOP aluminum reflector and G4 bi-pin socket.

I would request that if you have one to offer and post in this thread or email me,
you do so knowing it can fit protected 26650 cells and/or can easily fit unprotected 26650
cells with room to spare.

With the recent advancement in protected 26650 cells, this one will be getting a couple of these
and a Philips 7388 bulb. Something with HA would be nice but is not required.

I know there are many of these out there from the "good old days."

Let's get these off of the shelf! :)

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB/WTT: Looking for Two Hosts Both With G4 Bi-Pin Socket and LOW Resistance...

For "Host One" I am looking now for a 5D host with 6.35mm socket to make a "Big Boy" Osram 100w build.

With four LiFePO4 cells in series, I won't be overdriving the bulb at about 12v, but, the bulb should last a long time
and it should still be plenty bright.

I think four in series would power a 64625. If there is too much voltage sag,
five in a 6D should fire up a 64458 or a 64623.

Who has a 5D or 6D host that already has switch mods/bypass with a socket installed? :)

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB/WTT: Looking for Two Hosts Both With G4 Bi-Pin Socket and LOW Resistance...

Who has something out there?

What about an Elephant II and funky finned head with incandescent driver already installed?

I've got a sealed in the package never opened 5C Maglite plus cash for someone who has an Elephant II, finned head,
and AW incandescent driver gathering dust...

I much prefer emails to PM, so, please shoot me a line with what you've got.

I'd also be willing to trade/pay for you to take my 6C Maglite and get it "hot wire" ready,
i.e., either install a Kiu socket and 10 amp Judco or an AW driver in it,
heavy braid on the tailcap, etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts