best or most effective bulb for black headlights?

jeep4me

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, new to forum. I have recently purchased a set of black projector headlights and was wondering what would be the best bulb for this application? Thanks for any help on this.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Welcome to the board. You may have made a mistake -- most aftermarket headlamps, whether original-type or redesigned (such as projectors) are not able to produce even minimally adequate/safe performance no matter what bulb is installed. But even if you bought one of the few headlamps that are OK, there is not enough information to answer your question. You don't mention what kind of vehicle you're working on or anything.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
"My only complaint is I wish they would come with water proof inverter ballast for the CCFL rings. The tend to stop working after they get wet. But they always come back on."

That doesn't inspire confidence in me! Headlamps being OK and safe requires information on mounting height, vehicle model, position relative to turn signals, correct aim, and enclosure age.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
AnAppleSnail, who are you quoting? I don't see the original post of your quoted text. But yeah, if we're talking about CCFL rings and ballasts, we're definitely talking about unsafe junk.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
AnAppleSnail, who are you quoting?
An Amazon review of a Spyder headlamp-shaped toy.
Yep, pure junk, and reviewed by people who probably shouldn't be driving, let alone recommending products based on posting things like "I changed the Brights immediately after purchase to the Philips H1 Diamond Vision which is more whiter compared to the yellow ones that come with the Sypder."

Wow.