*new* Olight M2X-UT Javelot: 800+ meters throw on 1x18650!

Capolini

Banned
JmwmT55.png

Vinh may have some competition!! lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

Double Barrel

Enlightened
Re: Olight Factory de-domed?!

They sure did! ..it's not de-domed, it's customized. :)

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder how they talked Cree into that?...

kj2

Flashaholic

Saw talk over a XP-G2 HD led, on the facebook page of Lux-RC. There is a dome on that, but it's flat.

Norm

Retired Administrator

There is a dome on that, but it's flat.

I've never been interested in dedomed LEDs, but this obviously is still protected from the environment.

Norm

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I once tortured a modded sipik68 with a dedomed xpg. Used it under water, and filled the head with water (On purpose). So i had water flowing on a unprotected dedomed led, and what happened? Nothing. It kept running fine with the head filled with water. I dont think it needs mutch protection.

swan

Banned

Very interesting-maybe they might have better luck with the horrible green or yellow tint shift that usually comes with dedoming.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is great, I hope Cree starts offering some LED products without domes from the factory. It is good to see a major manufacturer go this direction.

Double Barrel

Enlightened

It can't be de-domed if they did not put the dome on in the first place!

Hmm, true....but, I wonder if that's true.
How's many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Maybe they will let the cat out of the bag.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Capolini, where did you find this, anyway? I did not see anything on Olight's website about it.

Capolini

Banned

Capolini, where did you find this, anyway? I did not see anything on Olight's website about it.

Same place kj2 mentioned,,,,,,BangGood,,,,,,,,,,,don't know how I ended up on there but eventually found this!

Edit: The M3X[2 X 18650]is my only stock light in my rotation! I love the light. This[M2X] baby brother will out throw it by ~200 yards with only 1 X 18650 and also put out 1020 lumens! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

olemil

Newly Enlightened

This looks SWEET!!! Guess I should have waited buying the SR52, does this mean I will have to purchase another Olight??? :oops:

Capolini

Banned

I saw a Chinglish[!] translation of the specs/features of this light. It was hard to make out some of it. It said something like after 5 minutes it is reduced to ~ 60% output? I am not positive of this because of the distorted translation!

One would think this light must have a step down. How could it maintain 1020 lumens for the 1 hour run time they give it on max w/ just 1 X 18650?

My M3X is 2 X 18650 and does NOT have any regulation or step down on max. One of the reasons it is my only stock light in my rotation!

For the M2X it is still amazing that it can out throw the M3X by ~ 200 yards and have the same max lumen output! :thumbsup:I am guessing if it maintains the heat like the M3X it could probably get 40 minutes of max with a series of stepping back up! The M3X gets ~80 minutes on max.:cool: