HDS Rotary Help

d13avo

Enlightened
Hi All

Please could someone help me? I recently purchased a HDS Rotary light from Henry which by the way is amazing. Anyway I was looking on a couple of internet light shops and one of them has some discontinued RA Light accessories being -

1. Genuine RA Lights Kydex Holster

Description

RA Lights (HDS Systems) high quality Kydex holster.

Fits RA Clicky and Twisty models and offers an adjustable, secure grip on your RA light plus an easy, smooth draw when you need your light.

A simple squeeze at the top of the hinged belt clip unlatches the mechanism, allowing the unit to be fitted and removed in seconds without undoing your belt.

2. Ra Tactical Ring

Description

Movable tactical ring provides secure two-finger hold for use with several popular shooting methods.

Made of hard plastic and features a Phillips head securing screw

Suitable for RA Clicky and twisty lights.

I emailed the shop to ask if these items were compatible with my recently purchased Rotary but they could not give me a definite answer so therefore I knew where I had to come to ask :bow:

So please could someone advice me if these will fit thank you.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers Random Dan looks like I'm going to depart with some more cash!

Good choice / pick-up! I've been carrying my early 170-T, then my Rotary's since purchasing my HDS's. I like it so much, I purchased a back up a month or so ago. Here's a few photos.

NOTE: I'd purchase the grommet and o-ring. Much cheaper, and not as bulky as the combat ring IMHO. In addition the neopreme rubber gives the light the right amount of grip while holding, and using the rotary's tail cap.

These are the adjustment holes in the back side of the holster;

Side view;

Grommet (you'll have to find an o-ring that will fit in grove on the leading edge of the grommet);

Pops

Last edited:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice / pick-up! I've been carrying my early 170-T, then my Rotary's since purchasing my HDS's. I like it so much, I purchased a back up a month or so ago. Here's a few photos.

NOTE: I'd purchase the grommet and o-ring. Much cheaper, and not as bulky as the combat ring IMHO. In addition the neopreme rubber gives the light the right amount of grip while holding, and using the rotary's tail cap.

These are the adjustment holes in the back side of the holster;

Side view;

Grommet (you'll have to find an o-ring that will fit in grove on the leading edge of the grommet);

Pops

Hey Pops, is that the dress belt holster or the duty belt holster? I'm looking at buying one and im not sure which is better. I won't need to ever go to the full 2 1/4" sizing, but I do sometimes swap between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" belts. Any suggestions? Thanks.

d13avo

Enlightened
Neither the Kydex holster nor the tactical ring have been discontinued. Look towards the bottom of the accessories page:

http://www.hdssystems.com/Products/Catalog/?products=cAllAccessoryArray

Hi Mtn.Man not on the HDS site but on a UK store called led fire torches. Here's a link :-

http://www.ledfiretorches.co.uk/genuine-ra-lights-kydex-holster-169

I asked them if this would fit my HDS Rotary and they replied that they did not know. Cannot find the tactical ring on their site anymore so they must of sold it.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went ahead and ordered the dress belt holster. I hope it works. I know the adjustable holster can be made to work with smaller belts, but the minimalist in me wanted to avoid unnecessary excess.

recDNA

Flashaholic
What is the lightest smallest cloth holster for rotary?