Hello
i like to build a head for a canister torch , with 4 or 5 cree mk-r
but i can not find a propper optic or reflektor for a nice spot
anyone know more than me ??

best regards
stefan

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MK-R is big, which doesn't lend itself well to tight beams. Some divers want a tight beam, some want a wide beam for video or night diving. It sounds like you want a tight beam ("nice hot spot").

Unfortunately, the multiple dies of the MK-R won't mix properly with any optics that give any kind of beam. For a beam, you're better off with an XM-L or XP-L.

Two optics that I really like for tight beams are the Ahorton aspheric and jspeybro's fresnel lenses (search CPF for both). The Ahorton is a bit better, but jspeybro's are substantially thinner, lighter, and cheaper.

PilleLED

Newly Enlightened
The MK-R is big, which doesn't lend itself well to tight beams. Some divers want a tight beam, some want a wide beam for video or night diving. It sounds like you want a tight beam ("nice hot spot").

Unfortunately, the multiple dies of the MK-R won't mix properly with any optics that give any kind of beam. For a beam, you're better off with an XM-L or XP-L.

Two optics that I really like for tight beams are the Ahorton aspheric and jspeybro's fresnel lenses (search CPF for both). The Ahorton is a bit better, but jspeybro's are substantially thinner, lighter, and cheaper.

many thanks for your answer

if i see thies right one lens is one led , 4 lenses 4 leds
mayby a bg chip 50watt with one aspheric lens we will see

bst regards