Zebralight headlamp help

d13avo

Enlightened
Hi All

I have been looking for a new headlamp and have decided on a Zebralight but I cannot decide between these two, the 302W and the H32FW. They are both Neutral emitters and they are both floody versions as most the time it will be used for close up work but could someone on here help me with any other differences. I have looked at both and it looks like the 302W is ever so slightly brighter but other than that I can't see any other difference, surely Zebralight would not make two lights nearly identical and only be slightly brighter? Or would they? Many thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:

hazza

Newly Enlightened
I've replied to you in the H32 thread, but to paraphrase, the H302 has a very wide beam with almost even light coverage. It has no reflector so it's just the raw response of the LED, which is sometimes called a 'mule' setup. The H32 has a reflector and frosted glass. This results in wide flood (less than the 302 however) and a diffuse hot spot.

There is a thread that compares the 600 series here, which has some good photos to illustrate the difference:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...s-H600F-(Floody)-vs-H602-(no-reflector)-beams

d13avo

Enlightened
I've replied to you in the H32 thread, but to paraphrase, the H302 has a very wide beam with almost even light coverage. It has no reflector so it's just the raw response of the LED, which is sometimes called a 'mule' setup. The H32 has a reflector and frosted glass. This results in wide flood (less than the 302 however) and a diffuse hot spot.

There is a thread that compares the 600 series here, which has some good photos to illustrate the difference:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...s-H600F-(Floody)-vs-H602-(no-reflector)-beams

Just checked this thread out hazza thanks for that. I think the H32FW will probably be a bit more useful as it has got a bit of throw also if you need it.

Last edited:

hazza

Newly Enlightened
Glad I could help. I just got a 600Fw for the same reason, best of both worlds.