Is olight s10r dangerous

ltec

Newly Enlightened
I like the look of the s10r. Is the rechargable battery in it the ones that can blow up and you can't charge without keeping an eye on it or can you throw it on your charger like a mobile phone anytime. Is it just a battery like a 18650 or similar only you don't buy a separate charger for it. I've read that much on here about batteries exploding and stuff I'm scared of them

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
I don't think olight would have made it in the "charge on your nightstand" format if there were any issues with doing that. The manual does not say anything about removing when the light is green. And it wouldn't make any sense, li-ion chargers are smart, they have to be, when the indicator says it is full, it is no longer charging at all. It is as safe as charging a cellphone, yes a few have exploded, but that is extremely rare.

ltec

Newly Enlightened
I don't think olight would have made it in the "charge on your nightstand" format if there were any issues with doing that. The manual does not say anything about removing when the light is green. And it wouldn't make any sense, li-ion chargers are smart, they have to be, when the indicator says it is full, it is no longer charging at all. It is as safe as charging a cellphone, yes a few have exploded, but that is extremely rare.

Thanks. I think I'll order one

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't use any "fire" brand batteries and you should be just fine. I love the idea of these lights. I studied them yesterday. I would own one, but can't make up my mind as to which one. May have to buy 2! That ultra low would be perfect for my wifes side of the bed. Where she needs to check on baby throughout middle of night.